Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I liked your commentary... gives a whole different perspective.
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord!
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
    Your abuse of the poor speaks volumes of you, I don't like you already, please change my mind.
    Abuse of the poor? She's "poor" because of all the stupid decisions she made *REPEATEDLY*. Accidents happen once. You grow from them and you deal with them. Anything more is sheer stupidity. In spite of all that, she's still getting a free ride.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Abuse of the poor? She's "poor" because of all the stupid decisions she made *REPEATEDLY*. Accidents happen once. You grow from them and you deal with them. Anything more is sheer stupidity. In spite of all that, she's still getting a free ride.
    Is it her fault or the systems?Accidents do happen repeatedly btw.

The disenfranchised are in a hole they find impossible to climb out of.I am so pleased you are privileged enough not to know how it feels to be her or one of the millions like her and worse.If it makes anyone happy to denegrate these people it only serves to make me wonder about them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pardon my ...vulgarity... But..are you going to tell me the SYSTEM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HER SPREADING HER LEGS REPEATEDLY EVEN THO SHE COULDN'T PROVIDE PROPERLY FOR HER FIRST CHILD MUCH LESS ALL THE REST???!!!

The system is responsible for her leaving one job (willingly) before she had another?

The system is responsible for her being too damned lazy to do anything to fix anything that's wrong?

Bullshit.

And I'm finished shouting now.

Oh, and for the record, 6 children is no accident - condoms are cheap. Abstinence is free.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Pardon my ...vulgarity... But..are you going to tell me the SYSTEM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HER SPREADING HER LEGS REPEATEDLY EVEN THO SHE COULDN'T PROVIDE PROPERLY FOR HER FIRST CHILD MUCH LESS ALL THE REST???!!!

The system is responsible for her leaving one job (willingly) before she had another?

The system is responsible for her being too damned lazy to do anything to fix anything that's wrong?

Bullshit.

And I'm finished shouting now.
    Maybe she is catholic?

Maybe her job was affecting her health?

Maybe she isn't lazy at all and the original poster is a flaming thick bastard who has posted his own take on the situation and you have bought it?

Lots of maybes to be getting on with , maybe you are right and she is a stupid, ignorant, uneducated lazy fool, my point being not all poor are.The original poster and those in agreement with him seem to think otherwise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In this world, only we can be responsible for ourselves. She is responsible for her own decisions, not "the system." "The system" is a cop-out for those who want to absolve themselves of responsibility and/or accountability.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

The disenfranchised are in a hole they find impossible to climb out of.I am so pleased you are privileged enough not to know how it feels to be her or one of the millions like her and worse.If it makes anyone happy to denegrate these people it only serves to make me wonder about them.
    Horsefeathers. I grew up pretty-damned poor and I didn't let it slow me down one bit. Matter of fact, it just made me more determined to rise above it.

Can't say I'm wealthy, but I'm not doing without, and I EARNED where I am.

That "disenfranchised" stuff is a load of bull. You can be whatever you've got big enough stones to be.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Horsefeathers. I grew up pretty-damned poor and I didn't let it slow me down one bit. Matter of fact, it just made me more determined to rise above it.

Can't say I'm wealthy, but I'm not doing without, and I EARNED where I am.

That "disenfranchised" stuff is a load of bull. You can be whatever you've got big enough stones to be.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gunny again.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your abuse of the poor speaks volumes of you, I don't like you already, please change my mind.
    Conclusory. No evidence. How brilliant. Why don't you, who made the claim, show how he "abused" the poor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What struck me was the interviewer's attitude. This woman has probably been told so many times, and from so many sources, that she has it rough... no wonder she believes it. It's people like the liberal media who keep her down under the guise of sympathy. It's disgusting. Like a rapist telling a woman he really loves her.
    Blessed be Your name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's "all as it should be," blessed be Your name!
    Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name!
    Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say...
    Blessed be Your name!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    What struck me was the interviewer's attitude. This woman has probably been told so many times, and from so many sources, that she has it rough... no wonder she believes it. It's people like the liberal media who keep her down under the guise of sympathy. It's disgusting. Like a rapist telling a woman he really loves her.
    You've nailed it, really. Somebody NEEDS to tell her 'Nobody is promised nor owed an easy life." If her ONE job can't pay her bills, she should get a second. Or third. This article describes a woman who probably isn't lazy - but who is expending energy inefficiently.

First thing - any child OF working age, SHOULD work.

Second thing - Go on a F'ing DIET. That'll save money

Third thing - Work more, hang out at homes 'less'. I can promise her kids will be better served by watching her struggle but provide, than by having her to snuggle.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    You've nailed it, really. Somebody NEEDS to tell her 'Nobody is promised nor owed an easy life." If her ONE job can't pay her bills, she should get a second. Or third. This article describes a woman who probably isn't lazy - but who is expending energy inefficiently.

Third thing - Work more, hang out at homes 'less'. I can promise her kids will be better served by watching her struggle but provide, than by having her to snuggle.

You never disappoint.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You never disappoint.

I know, his threads always have stuff like, hmmm, oh, facts, opinions, well reasoned responses, you know, stuff that backs posts up. Yours seem to be mostly weenie one liners.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post

Exactly... she seems to have no clue that the choices she made and continues to make are what's keeping her down. There are times when sympathy is not the kindest thing. (I have had to learn that the hard way.) Not saying she needs criticism or harshness, or even saying that she shouldn't take ANY sort of assistance. But the way in which she is managing her resources is guaranteed to keep her down. Instead of calling for minimum wage raises, which only hurt the economy in general, this reporter should be calling for resource management lessons. She needs education, not petting.
    Blessed be Your name!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    Exactly... she seems to have no clue that the choices she made and continues to make are what's keeping her down. There are times when sympathy is not the kindest thing. (I have had to learn that the hard way.) Not saying she needs criticism or harshness, or even saying that she shouldn't take ANY sort of assistance. But the way in which she is managing her resources is guaranteed to keep her down. Instead of calling for minimum wage raises, which only hurt the economy in general, this reporter should be calling for resource management lessons. She needs education, not petting.
    Which is exactly what we have all been saying. I don't know what this is such a difficult concept for some people. We provide so many opportunities for those who are poor and disadvantaged to do better for themselves. Heck I know I still qualify as poor and disadvantaged. There are plenty of things I don't have that I would love to have. But you have to learn to prioritize. And the first priority is always survival. I am dumbfounded at people who appear to make absolutely no effort on their own behalf, especially when there at steps she can easily take.

1)Sell the dogs. That will save tons of money there.
    2)Stop paying child support for kids who have the power to work on their own.
    3)Fill out the piece of paper she needs to get housing.
    4)Shop around for good prices on food.
    5)Have both adults get jobs, or atleast get the second one a part time job during the day when the kids are at school and dont need to be looked over. or alternate times so when one is at work the other is at home with the kids.

Those are just a few of the things that this mother could clearly do to put herself in a better position. And alot of it is just common sense.

And far from picking on the poor, I was saying the same things when Mike Tyson went bankrupt. Instead of declaring bankrupcy why shouldnt he just sell the stupid freaking tigers that are draining so much of his funds or buy a smaller house. its ridiculous.