Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    jd is a hottie...I've seen pix
    The planets must be lined up again.
    Yeah, she's cute.

http://www.geocities.com/care4all2/pictures4.JPG
    Last edited by glockmail; 12-20-2007 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think some people on here need to find there own wife. On line dating is awsome, I met my wife that way, anyways,

If I had my masters degree in optical physics I could apply for a GS-13 position working in laser research or missle defense, I am working on my chemical PE right now and will eventually get my physics masters, I think it would be fun to be able to tell just about anyone in the military where to stick it (being I used to be in the army national guard as an E-4 OC and got the crap hazed out of me and ended up bailing out of the guard) its always fun when the tables are turned. Although I would not let an enlisted soldier (E-9 or otherwise) get the satisfaction of the pissed little kid stomp off, I would make sure they were written an official conseling statement and push to have them busted down if they acted in a disagreeable manner often enough. SES is a burecrate and they disappear right along with the president.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol a few hard feeling towards the army there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got burned pretty hard so I figure turn about is fair play.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shrugs, that's normal. Bunch of military folks here that will prolly give ya a hard time for it tho. Some nice fights, ought to be fun to watch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If that is the case then this should be a nice change from the other forums I used to go to where a thread would be slammed shut as soon as anything slightly controversial came up, debate forums are great breaks from studying for my Chemical PE exam. If it gets to the point of fighting its not fun anymore, heated intellectual debate is great though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    I think some people on here need to find there own wife. On line dating is awsome, I met my wife that way, anyways,

If I had my masters degree in optical physics I could apply for a GS-13 position working in laser research or missle defense, I am working on my chemical PE right now and will eventually get my physics masters, I think it would be fun to be able to tell just about anyone in the military where to stick it (being I used to be in the army national guard as an E-4 OC and got the crap hazed out of me and ended up bailing out of the guard) its always fun when the tables are turned. Although I would not let an enlisted soldier (E-9 or otherwise) get the satisfaction of the pissed little kid stomp off, I would make sure they were written an official conseling statement and push to have them busted down if they acted in a disagreeable manner often enough. SES is a burecrate and they disappear right along with the president.
    LOL. Couple things grasshopper,

First: You must learn the system well enough to follow your ambitions. It takes far more than pissing off a pouge to "bust down" Pvt's and PFC's let alone the senior enlisted.

Second: If you encounter a senior enlisted guy dumb enough to fuck it all to hell well enough that you can influence things and bust him..... he's too stupid for his stripes. Think of it as evolution in action.

Your Kung Fu is weak. But you will learn and grow strong.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
    LOL. Couple things grasshopper,

First: You must learn the system well enough to follow your ambitions. It takes far more than pissing off a pouge to "bust down" Pvt's and PFC's let alone the senior enlisted.

Second: If you encounter a senior enlisted guy dumb enough to fuck it all to hell well enough that you can influence things and bust him..... he's too stupid for his stripes. Think of it as evolution in action.

Your Kung Fu is weak. But you will learn and grow strong.
    Why are they called pouges, is it some sort of derogitory term, because I know the military hates civilians. If I were to work in missle defense or laser research I would expect to be left alone by anyone in a uniform and if they leave me alone I have no problems, but if there is even a a shead of belittlement from someone in uniform im going to make sure there is a paper trail, but I guess that would fall back to your comment on the nco being smart enough to keep his stripes and leave the GS people alone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Grasshopper, the lessons begin,

Why are they called pouges, is it some sort of derogitory term, because I know the military hates civilians. My young friend. For someone who enlisted with a degree and is now working on his masters, you lack knowlege. Your statement is reflective of one who is rationalizing failure. The military doesn't hate civilians so much as tolerate them.

If I were to work in missle defense or laser research I would expect to be left alone by anyone in a uniform And you would be disappointed. The point of GS's is to place a non-shooter in a specialty position for the long term. That doesn't mean that you would not have to work with them. I know that they are all illiterate thugs, but part of those big bux would be for putting up with them.

and if they leave me alone I have no problems, Well, that is good to know.

but if there is even a a shead of belittlement from someone in uniform im going to make sure there is a paper trail, Heh. The idealism of youth.

but I guess that would fall back to your comment on the nco being smart enough to keep his stripes and leave the GS people alone. It's not about leaving you alone. It's about knowing just what you can and cannot get away with. Unlike civilians, the military is concentrated with the best and brightest. Everyone is a predator. And the more rank you have, the sharper the teeth.
    Your Kung Fu is very weak. Yet, if you apply yourself, you may yet grow strong.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, no, pegwinn. Grasshopper must want to learn, respect his teachers and remember his lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
    Grasshopper, the lessons begin,

Your Kung Fu is very weak. Yet, if you apply yourself, you may yet grow strong.
    You are not communicating with any Grasshopper. Dig it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess the way I see it is, if they are going to hire me as a GS-13/14 for my technical ability then military members should be a non issue because if they truely needed someone there to give them automatic advancement to GS-13/14 then military members would be on there best behavior otherwise I would likely quit the job because I would question there need for what I do if they were allowing harrasment, also when you work as a GS there are workplace codes of conduct and hazing in the real world is nothing like in the military so even if I couldent bust him down I could file suit. The bottom line is if they need you there the BS will magicly go away and if not I will quit, when it comes down to it, its really simple. I dont play the sharp teeth game, if you want to be a schmuck then obviously I dont add enough value to be respected so I will go away. You can also tell people who are holding there toung becasue they know they cant do something and thoes people are irritating to be around when you are trying to do a difficult job.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whew!!!!!!!! What a conglomeration of pure bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the way I see it is, if they are going to hire me as a GS-13/14 for my technical ability then military members should be a non issue because if they truely needed someone there to give them automatic advancement to GS-13/14 then military members would be on there best behavior otherwise I would likely quit the job because I would question there need for what I do if they were allowing harrasment, also when you work as a GS there are workplace codes of conduct and hazing in the real world is nothing like in the military so even if I couldent bust him down I could file suit. The bottom line is if they need you there the BS will magicly go away and if not I will quit, when it comes down to it, its really simple. I dont play the sharp teeth game, if you want to be a schmuck then obviously I dont add enough value to be respected so I will go away. You can also tell people who are holding there toung becasue they know they cant do something and thoes people are irritating to be around when you are trying to do a difficult job.
    Like I said earlier, good luck on your new gig, rp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GS14/15? I seriously doubt it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Grasshopper, it is good to see you did not quit. For quitting normally is a character flaw of one who cannot, as the french say "Paque Le Gear".

I guess the way I see it is, if they are going to hire me as a GS-13/14 for my technical ability then military members should be a non issue because if they truely needed someone there to give them automatic advancement to GS-13/14 then military members would be on there best behavior otherwise I would likely quit the job The active duty guys very likely would not be on "there best behavior". IF you are making that kind of money much would be expected. IF you could not get along with them, well, you would not get the change to quit. You would get the boot.

because I would question there need for what I do if they were allowing harrasment, also when you work as a GS there are workplace codes of conduct and hazing in the real world is nothing like in the military so even if I couldent bust him down I could file suit. What codes of conduct are you inferring Grasshopper? As to filing suit, I doubt it. The onus of proof is on you. As to hazing.... well hazing normally applies to those entering a special situation. Being a mere civilian employee (albeit a well paid one) simply doesn't rate being hazed. Your worries are for naught.

The bottom line is if they need you there the BS will magicly go away and if not I will quit, Grasshopper. You must learn that quitting is not respected. Unless you can demonstrate that the situation was intolerable or ethically challenging you will quickly develop a reputation as a weakling at worst or a prima donna at best.

when it comes down to it, its really simple. I dont play the sharp teeth game, if you want to be a schmuck then obviously I dont add enough value to be respected so I will go away. You can also tell people who are holding there toung becasue they know they cant do something and thoes people are irritating to be around when you are trying to do a difficult job. Respect is one of those funny things. It can be earned, or bestowed. Your fears of hazing are unfounded. I have worked with many GS types when I was assigned to Mount Fuji. Most were stand up guys. Those folks were invited to join us at the club etc. There were a couple of prissy lil thangs. We simply ignored them except for business exclusively. They simply were not worth the time to do as you fear.
    How tall are you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is all that I would ask is to be left alone except on buisness matters, so you agree that military members (even enlisted) have enough tact to leave someone alone. As far as going out to the club, I will pass on that unless the club is upscale (or at least quiet) and has nice ambiance. My posts stemed from the fact that someone commented about harrassing a GS employee that was just trying to do his job and I would be pissed to and being that I am ex army guard it was no surprise to me. Why do you care how tall I am?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is all that I would ask is to be left alone except on buisness matters, Don't worry. Most would not bother with you in the way you fear as picking on the defenseless is frowned on.

so you agree that military members (even enlisted) have enough tact to leave someone alone. Oh yes. Even Enlisted Marines (illiterate louts eh?) can learn tact when beaten often enough. Seriously. I'd watch that smug attitude if I were you. That will attract folks who believe it is thier duty to school you.

As far as going out to the club, I will pass on that unless the club is upscale (or at least quiet) and has nice ambiance. My posts stemed from the fact that someone commented about harrassing a GS employee that was just trying to do his job and I would be pissed to and being that I am ex army guard it was no surprise to me. I believe the post in question was mine. So, care to explain exactly how you determined that I harassed him?

Why do you care how tall I am? Once you answer the simple question, all will be revealed.
    We have a looooong road Grasshopper. But, in time and with practice, your Kung Fu will improve.