Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im 5' 9", how does that answer anything?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    im 5' 9", how does that answer anything?
    Five feet Nine inches translates to 69 inches. In a different thread you stated.....
    I think the only reason I dident get a towel party is because im about 220 lbs of pure muscle and had 2 good battle buddys that did not tolerate that crap -- Source
    Now, I may be a mere enlisted guy. But I am betting that you were a tad over the height/weight standards.

Some might construe that as proof of bullshit. I am not one of those.

In another post you stated....
    I was up to about 33% body fat between basic and OCS and am still working to get it off so I would say I was very unable to adapt to military life, -- Source
    That has me wondering, in a totally uneducated enlisted way, how the hell you managed to go from overweight but musclebound to sumo quality bodyfat in between basic and OCS. Son, you would have needed to be on the twinkie diet day on stay on.

Look Grasshopper. Not everyone is cut out to be in the service. But, if you are going to tell outlandish tales you must be prepared to defend em. Every word you wrote may be true. But your manner indicates otherwise. There are simply too many inconsistencies.

Now I am not gonna pull your posts out to slap you with anymore unless you challenge what I write. So, here is an example:

You said that there was no quality control in training. Yet I know from my short time around a few Marines that every training outfit keeps stats right down to your pecker size for every training day. In my limited experience with training I know that I never deliberately washed out anyone. But, if they displayed rank insubordination, well, they were history. Yet you said that you refused orders (along with a couple of buddies) and still graduated. I guess you can thank God that you didn't go to Parris Island. You would still be inventorying sand fleas.

Inconsistencies like that make your combined posts appear a bit, shall we say.... Off? Now, me, I'm just an uneducated (3 college hours) Jarhead. But your grammar, spelling, and organisation of thought doesn't strike me as someone who has graduated high school, earned one degree, and is working on another.

And, the EPA pouge was screaming at one of my Corporals. The knucklehead was shouting at him as if he (the GS dumbass) actually wore a uniform and rated to raise his voice to an NCO. The Corporal was in trouble because some dingleberry forgot to wipe up an oily can residue.

One of my Sergeants came and got me. I walked up to the guy and told him to knock it the fuck off. He turned and started in on me. I offered to kick his ass or he could leave. He sputtered something and I then told him to get the fuck out of my motor pool or be carried out by the two PFC's who were conveniently approaching.

If you feel I was harassing the civil servant, please forgive me. I was a mere enlisted guy (and only a SSgt to boot) and didn't know I was supposed to bow before him.

Fix your posting style. Don't post wild things about the service you cannot substantiate. Do these things for starters and your Kung Fu will grow stronger.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Burned him.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fucking A Phil That gave me wood.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, I've just seen a true sniper in action.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks folks. I just wish to add that the particular GS was the exception. Over in Fuji we had several GS types who were staff officer levels. All were prior service and only one had a chip on his shoulder. But, we turned him around by including him in all the Staff NCO / Officer functions. Once he figured out that we didn't hold it against him for being a medboarded former Corporal he was alright.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
    Five feet Nine inches translates to 69 inches. In a different thread you stated.....

Now, I may be a mere enlisted guy. But I am betting that you were a tad over the height/weight standards.

Some might construe that as proof of bullshit. I am not one of those.

In another post you stated....

That has me wondering, in a totally uneducated enlisted way, how the hell you managed to go from overweight but musclebound to sumo quality bodyfat in between basic and OCS. Son, you would have needed to be on the twinkie diet day on stay on.

Look Grasshopper. Not everyone is cut out to be in the service. But, if you are going to tell outlandish tales you must be prepared to defend em. Every word you wrote may be true. But your manner indicates otherwise. There are simply too many inconsistencies.

Now I am not gonna pull your posts out to slap you with anymore unless you challenge what I write. So, here is an example:

You said that there was no quality control in training. Yet I know from my short time around a few Marines that every training outfit keeps stats right down to your pecker size for every training day. In my limited experience with training I know that I never deliberately washed out anyone. But, if they displayed rank insubordination, well, they were history. Yet you said that you refused orders (along with a couple of buddies) and still graduated. I guess you can thank God that you didn't go to Parris Island. You would still be inventorying sand fleas.

Inconsistencies like that make your combined posts appear a bit, shall we say.... Off? Now, me, I'm just an uneducated (3 college hours) Jarhead. But your grammar, spelling, and organisation of thought doesn't strike me as someone who has graduated high school, earned one degree, and is working on another.

And, the EPA pouge was screaming at one of my Corporals. The knucklehead was shouting at him as if he (the GS dumbass) actually wore a uniform and rated to raise his voice to an NCO. The Corporal was in trouble because some dingleberry forgot to wipe up an oily can residue.

One of my Sergeants came and got me. I walked up to the guy and told him to knock it the fuck off. He turned and started in on me. I offered to kick his ass or he could leave. He sputtered something and I then told him to get the fuck out of my motor pool or be carried out by the two PFC's who were conveniently approaching.

If you feel I was harassing the civil servant, please forgive me. I was a mere enlisted guy (and only a SSgt to boot) and didn't know I was supposed to bow before him.

Fix your posting style. Don't post wild things about the service you cannot substantiate. Do these things for starters and your Kung Fu will grow stronger.
    If they keep track of each training day for each recruit I would be greatly interested in my dailys as to how I actually passed, maybe thats the difference between the marines and the army, and what I did was not flagrant insubordination, I would just half ass something (as in not rolling to the point of puking and then moving so slowly I would avoid others puke but never refused to at least pretend like I was attempting to carry out the order, as far as the weight I had to be taped to join and by about middle basic I was still way strong from the power lifting I did in college and had lost about 20 lbs of fat. In between basic and OCS was about a year and it was not quite a twinki diet but that would be a good analogy I am now back to my pre basic weight and trying to regain my strength. Knowing the whole story I would say the GS was way out of line but that type of behavior is more akin to a over zealous NCO so I stand corrected but that does not change my opinion of the military training system as a whole, I seen some really messed up stuff happen to people that dident graduate with us but also were not sent home, I forget what the program is called now I think it was called PTRP where the army abused non hackers and injured people and put them in special platoons that was the most deplorable thing I had ever seen. I know you probably hate me but this is definatly a good debate and even if you are putting me in my place it is fun.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If they keep track of each training day for each recruit I would be greatly interested in my dailys as to how I actually passed, maybe thats the difference between the marines and the army, There are lots of differences. But, you have already decided that things like tradition etc. don't mean anything to you.

and what I did was not flagrant insubordination, I would just half ass something (as in not rolling to the point of puking and then moving so slowly I would avoid others puke but never refused to at least pretend like I was attempting to carry out the order, Junior. IF you think that earns you cool points, then you are out of your mind. Go back and read your posts and read this. At 5' 9" you cannot high step enough to get out of the hole you are digging. If you are going to bullshit folks, at least be consistent.

as far as the weight I had to be taped to join and by about middle basic I was still way strong from the power lifting I did in college and had lost about 20 lbs of fat. In between basic and OCS was about a year and it was not quite a twinki diet but that would be a good analogy I am now back to my pre basic weight and trying to regain my strength. Knowing the whole story I would say the GS was way out of line but that type of behavior is more akin to a over zealous NCO so I stand corrected but that does not change my opinion of the military training system as a whole, I seen some really messed up stuff happen to people that dident graduate with us but also were not sent home, I forget what the program is called now I think it was called PTRP where the army abused non hackers and injured people and put them in special platoons that was the most deplorable thing I had ever seen. The Marines call it MRP. From a recruits point of view it looks like something it isn't. The best thing you can do is stay out of discussions where you are forced to bullshit others in a vain attempt to fit in.

I know you probably hate me but this is definatly a good debate and even if you are putting me in my place it is fun. Hate you? Ah No. I pity you. BTW I noticed you picked up a few neg reps. I won't neg rep you ever. But if you act stupid in public you deserve to get slapped in public. Capish?
    BS = Bullshit
    MS = More Shit
    PHD = Piled Higher & Deeper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is the 2008 general pay schedule, I dont know how people even live on any thing short of a GS 12 pay grade.

http://www.fedjobs.com/pay/pay.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is the 2008 general pay schedule, I dont know how people even live on any thing short of a GS 12 pay grade.

You are in Alaska right? The cost of living is a lot higher here than in the majority of the US. I think that may be why you think you need more than $50,000 a year in base salary. You can live on a lot less other places.

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've supported my family from GS-9, step 1, to my current pay grade of GS-11, step 4. That includes expansion from 1 kid to 3, buying and selling a home, and moving across the country. So it can be done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    I've supported my family from GS-9, step 1, to my current pay grade of GS-11, step 4. That includes expansion from 1 kid to 3, buying and selling a home, and moving across the country. So it can be done.
    You must live in a lower cost of living area because we barely make our bills with no kids, it can probably be done just not very fun. Also if your wife earns as much or more than you that would also help alot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You must live in a lower cost of living area because we barely make our bills with no kids, it can probably be done just not very fun. Also if your wife earns as much or more than you that would also help alot.
    Single income, Seattle area.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What does this have to do with your failure and lack of commitment to a contract you signed? Is it just about money?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    jd is a hottie...I've seen pix
    I concur.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9