Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    What does this have to do with your failure and lack of commitment to a contract you signed? Is it just about money?
    This has to do with the GS pay scale, and yes money is a big motivator of course being away from my wife for up to 24 months was the biggest motivating factor, after I joined the guard I saw the writing on the wall regarding deployments which was part of my reason for getting out. I thought the national guard was suppost to be much much different from the regular army (like a local state constitutional milita which it is not, even though people refer to it as such, a true milita would not ever be under control of the federal government). http://www.barefootsworld.net/article2.html

The government has done a good job of convoluding the constitution and decieving alot of people over the last 100 years. It is better for me just to make good money and buy my own plane rather than getting mixed up in the deception and convolution of the federal government and anything the federal government touchs that can negitivly impact my life.

I consider the contract I signed to be bogus because the war in iraq and most importantly the way we are fighting it is not in defense of OUR constitution, we are sworn to defend OUR constitution which can be accomplished through membership of the constitutional milita (ie owning weapons and being ready to defend the homeland.

Some of the founders of this nation were against standing armys as standing armys are contrary to liberty, the UCMJ is in direct violation of constitutionaly protected rights but instead of refering to the constitution we refer instead to court precedence to justify the UCMJ existance. The draft is also unconstitutional as it is forced servituded but again court precedence beats the constitution.

These are just my opinions, you are free to have your own opinions but dont expect your opinions to change my behavior.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your link contradicts itself vis a vis milita v. NG. Read it, completely. if you cannot find it, I will help you out.

Considering the contract you signed to be bogus is hypocritical if you expect to sign a contract as a GS and get paid X number of $$. In other words, If you feel no obligation to honor your end of a contract, why should the .gov honor a gs contract with you?

The UCMJ actually provides more rights to the accused than are quoted by Miranda. Additionally the UCMJ is actually codified within Title 10 USC chapter 47. IOW it is US LAW and is constitutional based on Article 1, Section 8 which enumerates the specific powers of Congress, to wit:

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
    To provide and maintain a Navy;
    To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
    RP, you need to take some more college courses. I mean, seriously dude, I graduated HS then went into the service. I have maybe three credit hours of actual off duty college in a remedial science, World History, American History. You should be just mopping up the floor with the likes of me.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    This has to do with the GS pay scale, and yes money is a big motivator of course being away from my wife for up to 24 months was the biggest motivating factor, after I joined the guard I saw the writing on the wall regarding deployments which was part of my reason for getting out. I thought the national guard was suppost to be much much different from the regular army (like a local state constitutional milita which it is not, even though people refer to it as such, a true milita would not ever be under control of the federal government). http://www.barefootsworld.net/article2.html

The government has done a good job of convoluding the constitution and decieving alot of people over the last 100 years. It is better for me just to make good money and buy my own plane rather than getting mixed up in the deception and convolution of the federal government and anything the federal government touchs that can negitivly impact my life.

I consider the contract I signed to be bogus because the war in iraq and most importantly the way we are fighting it is not in defense of OUR constitution, we are sworn to defend OUR constitution which can be accomplished through membership of the constitutional milita (ie owning weapons and being ready to defend the homeland.

Some of the founders of this nation were against standing armys as standing armys are contrary to liberty, the UCMJ is in direct violation of constitutionaly protected rights but instead of refering to the constitution we refer instead to court precedence to justify the UCMJ existance. The draft is also unconstitutional as it is forced servituded but again court precedence beats the constitution.

These are just my opinions, you are free to have your own opinions but dont expect your opinions to change my behavior.
    How long have you been married?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
    Your link contradicts itself vis a vis milita v. NG. Read it, completely. if you cannot find it, I will help you out.

Considering the contract you signed to be bogus is hypocritical if you expect to sign a contract as a GS and get paid X number of $$. In other words, If you feel no obligation to honor your end of a contract, why should the .gov honor a gs contract with you?

The UCMJ actually provides more rights to the accused than are quoted by Miranda. Additionally the UCMJ is actually codified within Title 10 USC chapter 47. IOW it is US LAW and is constitutional based on Article 1, Section 8 which enumerates the specific powers of Congress, to wit:

RP, you need to take some more college courses. I mean, seriously dude, I graduated HS then went into the service. I have maybe three credit hours of actual off duty college in a remedial science, World History, American History. You should be just mopping up the floor with the likes of me.
    So what ever happened to the 2 years part of that. Also keep in mind that my education was exclusivly technical in nature but I do enjoy learning more about the truth of our nations constitution and the opinions of thoes who founded this nation to get a better idea of how messed up we have become. I still believe US military training methods cross the line from good training to human rights violations sanctioned by the government, I would be curious to see what "basic training" was like prior to the revolutionary war, I know commissions at that time were based on stature and education and not about getting 70 credit hours in basket weaving and getting hazed by some NCOs.

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0505-08.htm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also keep in mind that my education was exclusivly technical in nature
    You should have ponied up a few more bucks for that exclusively technical education, perhaps it would have also covered grammar.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How long have you been married?
    Hello...

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why should I give out personal information to people who flame, it seems people just cant help themselves from rude, tactless, flames that show there true character. If you dont like my opinions on military training maybe the military should stop human rights violations.
    Last edited by rppearso; 02-06-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why should I give out personal information to people who flame, it seems people just cant help themselves from rude, tactless, flames that show there true character. If you dont like my opinions on military training maybe the military should stop human rights violations.
    Yer not married are ya? If so how long is no more personal than if you are or aren't.

As far as flaming, Sorry kid, call it whatever you want....I call a spade a spade, deal with it.

Above the Best

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So what ever happened to the 2 years part of that. Also keep in mind that my education was exclusivly technical in nature but I do enjoy learning more about the truth of our nations constitution and the opinions of thoes who founded this nation to get a better idea of how messed up we have become. I still believe US military training methods cross the line from good training to human rights violations sanctioned by the government, I would be curious to see what "basic training" was like prior to the revolutionary war, I know commissions at that time were based on stature and education and not about getting 70 credit hours in basket weaving and getting hazed by some NCOs.

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0505-08.htm
    What is the two years part you refer to? Also, keep in mind that I have a kid your age. She, also, has a degree. Her degree is also technical. Yet, she took English, History, etc, etc as a requirement to get her degree. So, having a "purely technical" degree doesn't jive with previous posts where you stated you had a bachelors degree. Finally, IRT "Basic Training" pre-revolution, you will have to do your own research. Commissioning was based on social status and who you knew. If you had enough money, you simply bought your commission.

As a courtesy I will await your proof of the assertion that training is a human rights violation. While it may be your opinion, it should be rationally based in a manner you can source and discuss.

Last thought. You commented that you enjoy finding the truth etc. I bolded it for you above. Be advised that rules are not meant to be interpreted. The Declaration of Independence has no legal power. The federalist papers was nothing more than opinion pieces in the newspaper. And, you must read what it (the Constitution) says, not what you wish it said. As an academic exercise you must, to be fully honest, consider both sides of an argument before forming an opinion. So far it appears that you will accept as gospel whatever article you agree with philosophically. If you like you can post the entire article about universal service and I will Ghin Tzu it for you.

Emphasis added. Remember the advice about bringing the shit without slinging the shit? So, I will issue the challenge here: SOURCE?

EDITED TO ADD: I just remembered the two year rule. You cannot appropriate money for the military (specifically the Army and Navy) for more than two years at a whack. You can appropriate money every year. And we do via the Annual Budget process. Did that answer your question?
    Last edited by pegwinn; 02-06-2008 at 08:48 PM.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
    What is the two years part you refer to? Also, keep in mind that I have a kid your age. She, also, has a degree. Her degree is also technical. Yet, she took English, History, etc, etc as a requirement to get her degree. So, having a "purely technical" degree doesn't jive with previous posts where you stated you had a bachelors degree. Finally, IRT "Basic Training" pre-revolution, you will have to do your own research. Commissioning was based on social status and who you knew. If you had enough money, you simply bought your commission.

As a courtesy I will await your proof of the assertion that training is a human rights violation. While it may be your opinion, it should be rationally based in a manner you can source and discuss.

Last thought. You commented that you enjoy finding the truth etc. I bolded it for you above. Be advised that rules are not meant to be interpreted. The Declaration of Independence has no legal power. The federalist papers was nothing more than opinion pieces in the newspaper. And, you must read what it (the Constitution) says, not what you wish it said. As an academic exercise you must, to be fully honest, consider both sides of an argument before forming an opinion. So far it appears that you will accept as gospel whatever article you agree with philosophically. If you like you can post the entire article about universal service and I will Ghin Tzu it for you.

Emphasis added. Remember the advice about bringing the shit without slinging the shit? So, I will issue the challenge here: SOURCE?

EDITED TO ADD: I just remembered the two year rule. You cannot appropriate money for the military (specifically the Army and Navy) for more than two years at a whack. You can appropriate money every year. And we do via the Annual Budget process. Did that answer your question?
    Yes that does answer my question and I liked the commissioning process back then opposed to now. As far as human rights violations I will have to get back with you on that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes that does answer my question and I liked the commissioning process back then opposed to now. As far as human rights violations I will have to get back with you on that.
    Seriously? Just because you have money or come from influential families you should be incharge of the military? Do you realize who you could be putting in charge? And who you would be taking out of a leadership role? Off the top of my head I can think of a few "Rich" people who would not qualify. While noted Generals like Patton (wealthy Scottish Family) and MacArthur (Father was a General also) had the pedegree, many would not.

And here are a few Generals that you would not have allowed.

Brigadier General Chuck Yeager - born to a farming family and worked his way up through the enlisted ranks. 11.5 official kills (2 time ace) and the first man to fly faster than the speed of sound.

General George C. Marshall - born to a middle class family in PA.

I think I could find more but I have to get ready for work. My point, I guess is that you should not be granted anything because of your family. Especially leading men and women into battle. While ther are many examples of great leaders who came from well to do or distinguished families , many great leaders didn't. I can't see going back to a process where Paris Hilton would be considered for a leadership role in the military based soley on her families stature.

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad to hear that you liked the original commissioning process. It gives insight into the type of person you are.

Feel free to come back with that human rights violations thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yer not married are ya? If so how long is no more personal than if you are or aren't.

As far as flaming, Sorry kid, call it whatever you want....I call a spade a spade, deal with it.
    So, how long have you been married?

Above the Best