Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    In heaven there will be a never-ending buffet!

eh????

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I prefer to think of heaven as it is portrayed in popular culture--as a paradise where our every whim and desire is granted and everything is perfect. Your body is idyllic and never ages or gets damaged. I hope that God will walk and talk with us as he did with Adam in the garden. If eternity means kneeling at the foot of the throne, I don't think I like the sound of that.
    I can understand how people can feel this way. But because the most powerful and overwhelming experience I have ever had happened in church while worshipping God, I am totally down with it. In moments of doubt, I remember that experience, and I know it will be a warmth, light and joy that we cannot yet fathom.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So basically this life is a test. If we make a high enough score our consciousness will live forever with God in heaven. Doesn't that make life seem a little pointless?

Nothing to do with score, it has to do with your heart. The thief on the cross probably had a "low score" yet he believed and Jesus told him that they would be together in heaven.

It really has to do with where your heart is. This is what Paul goes into when he talks about faith over works.

As to who we have sex with, DMP summed it up perfectly in the second post. It is about harm. The first four commandments are for God, the rest are for mankind. Homosexuality is an abomination to God. I have posted facts from gay sites that admit that aids is really a gay disease. I have no problem with "gay" people, so long as they don't have anal sex. Same goes for hetrosexual people. Anal sex is dirty and an abomination.

Or do you disagree?