Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How Is John McCain's Affair Different from John Edwards'?

A really good question....

http://www.alternet.org/election08/9...hn_edwards%27/

Off the top of my head it does differ in the fact that he didn’t do this while running for the highest office in the land….

Not excusing his actions, just calling out one of the major differences…

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Alexander the great and Ghegis Kahn are HORRIBLE examples for comparison.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Alexander the great and Ghegis Kahn are HORRIBLE examples for comparison.
    I agree but...

Not sure that takes away from the argument that Edwards is getting treatment that McCain isnt....
    Last edited by -Cp; 08-11-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Edwards isn't running for president. Did McCain deny it for months, then later admit it? What were the circumstances around it?

IMO, it's borderline apples and oranges.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Edwards isn't running for president. Did McCain deny it for months, then later admit it? What were the circumstances around it?

IMO, it's borderline apples and oranges.
    But if we're talking about someone's general moral character to be President, then I think both dudes have failed...

Both went and cheated on their wives after each one's wife suffered some sort of tragedy...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Well, it's pretty difficult to say either one 'cheated' when you weren't in the marriage; that is to say, there's no telling how or if their wives behaved the same. The wives aren't necessarily victims.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

But you have to remember McCain's tragedy as well. He had spent five years being tortured, that has to have an effect on a man. There are very few who returned fro Vietnam unchanged, and none of the POWs.

The bigger question is, in my opinion, has he been faithful to Cindy these many years? What occurred over thirty years ago is only barely relevant in my book.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

did mccain lie about his affair.....does he try to claim the high moral ground when it comes to arriage......edwards did both.....

and as far as i can see mccain traded up and edwards had a lateral move.....

as for nailing someone other than your wife.....hey dude whatever floats your boat.....

so from where i sit ....mccain is the only one that nailed a hot chick.....oh and she was rich.......that shows excellent judgment

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Plus...Cindy is pretty hot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Plus...Cindy is pretty hot.
    So McCain has a trophy wife. Another example of someone debating with their dick instead of their brain.

To answer the original question: The answer is that Edwards is a Democrat and McCain is a Republican.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    So McCain has a trophy wife. Another example of someone debating with their dick instead of their brain.

To answer the original question: The answer is that Edwards is a Democrat and McCain is a Republican.
    Okay... and their party affiliation has to do with what?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

Maybe it's a case of two bitches as wives driving their man to the point where he doesn't give a rat's ass?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

It's two men who cheated on their wives. I don't support either one. But if Edwards is (correctly) being roasted as a scumbag, why isn't McCain being equally roasted as a scumbag? Because he has a better looking trophy wife?
    That is where the party affiliation comes in -- the scandal sheets and talking heads are primarily conservative.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

did mccain lie about it? i guess that factor does not matter to gabs.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    A really good question....

http://www.alternet.org/election08/9...hn_edwards%27/

Off the top of my head it does differ in the fact that he didn’t do this while running for the highest office in the land….

Not excusing his actions, just calling out one of the major differences…

First of all, JM's affair WAS NOT an affair
    John Edwards affair WAS AN affair

John Edwards was running for President of the United Statesw of America when he LIED about the affair.

John Edwards was caught! He did not admit to shit. He was caught! Caufght in a motel in Beverley Hills after having just come from the room where he screwed the lady again and is again LYING about it!

John Edwards has fathered a child with this woman. You know it, I know it, we all know it!

John Edwards is a snake in the grass. Watch the video where he braggs about himself giving the speech. He really thinks alot of himself.

John Edwards wife is DYING! She is dying of cancer. Wow, what a guy!

There are few answers for you. If I may be of further assistance to you in this matter please do not hesitate to call upon me at any time!
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!