Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default Truckers organizing to shut down America, DC for 3 days

This will without a doubt cripple America, look at Walmart alone they have a 24 hour stock pile in there stores at all times so if they don't receive there shipments for a couple days they will have to shut there doors. This has been talked about for years and people just don't realize the problems a strike by the truckers will cause, no meds being delivered no Oxygen and that is just the tip of the iceberg, what is good is they are giving everyone plenty of notice so hopefully no one will be hurt bad by this short strike ( but it will certainly let DC see what is coming if they don't straighten up )

The American people are sick and tired of the corruption that is destroying America! We therefore declare a GENERAL STRIKE on the weekend of October 11-13, 2013! Truck drivers will not haul freight! Americans can strike in solidarity with truck drivers! Workers will call in sick! Consumers will not buy or sell anything on this date! Stay home! Buy nothing!
    http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/09/...r-3-days-83628
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I fully support this. It's time for the confrontations to start.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    This will without a doubt cripple America, look at Walmart alone they have a 24 hour stock pile in there stores at all times so if they don't receive there shipments for a couple days they will have to shut there doors. This has been talked about for years and people just don't realize the problems a strike by the truckers will cause, no meds being delivered no Oxygen and that is just the tip of the iceberg, what is good is they are giving everyone plenty of notice so hopefully no one will be hurt bad by this short strike ( but it will certainly let DC see what is coming if they don't straighten up )

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/09/...r-3-days-83628
    Save the date, i will join them in solidarity, it shouldn't be to hard to prepare for three days, i go that long without purchasing things anyway, with a cash shortage around here. Change has always come by sacrifice, this time it may only take sacrificing some simple pleasures for a short time to make a statement.
    Christian Democrat has become an oxymoron

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'll do a lot of sacrificing if it gets that son of bitch out of the white house. After all he said we all need to tighten our belts and sacrifice, so we will.

This could be a non-election year October surprise.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll love it if they actually go through with this.

Uncle sam needs a nice smack of reality to the face, to realize who he works for.
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a nice idea, but I doubt the turnout will be anywhere near what is expected, too many people will fear losing their jobs. Times are tough, you get fired for not doing your job, odds of picking up a new job quickly are pretty slim.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Sounds like a nice idea, but I doubt the turnout will be anywhere near what is expected, too many people will fear losing their jobs. Times are tough, you get fired for not doing your job, odds of picking up a new job quickly are pretty slim.

A similar action played a big role in repealing the national 55 MPH speed limit. I just don't know if they have as much guts as they did about 40 years ago. The current economy is better then the 1973 recession, there's no stagflation yet.
    Last edited by tailfins; 09-19-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Revolting as a union is totally legal...
    Last I checked you can't fire an entire group for it. Right?
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Tell that to PATCO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profess...nization_(1968)
    Last edited by tailfins; 09-19-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I drove a Tanker across country for years, and there never where an over abundance of drives, some company's may use it to cull some drivers, but many will get a pass, or maybe the crap runs for a while.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Actually, they can, so long as they have the manpower to cover the work they will be behind on. UNLESS of course it's in the CBA that they are allow to stop working to go to DC and strike, which I doubt.

With that said, I support them 3000% and I hope their employers would support their cause.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    A similar action played a big role in repealing the national 55 MPH speed limit. I just don't know if they have as much guts as they did about 40 years ago. The current economy is better then the 1973 recession, there's no stagflation yet.
    For what the younger ones may lack in guts, they make up for, in don't give a crap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

800,000 bikers went to DC. Most have jobs and took the time off. What this country needs is a show of solidarity against the elites. A simple demonstration of what can happen if we all pull together and make demands of those that are suppose to represent us.

You will notice the media hasn't picked up on this yet. I'm sure they'll ignore it for as long as they can. As they did with the bikers in DC. We have almost a full month to go and the organizing started over a week ago. Inspired by the bikers, who put together their run in a week. This event has plenty of time to grow and people to prepare.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Times are very tough Arbo and with Fuel well over $4 a gallon you can bet there will be many independents there because if things don't change they will be out of work already , and when the Independents go out most companies will follow because it isn't safe to for there drivers or there equipment to be on the road , I think that is a big reason for the weekend strike, #1 not as much traffic but also many of your local trucks are off on weekends ( many work also but it is slower than a week day ) they are trying to make a statement the easiest and safest way they can, but if it doesnt work there will be real trouble, I remember the last time the Independants went out, I use to watch the ghost town formerly known as the NJ tKP , yes it was empty but if ya seen a truck coming it would usually have a sigh on the trailer something like 4 kids heading home , trying to get home safely , when these boys go out they are fighting for there lives , many have everything they have tied up in there trucks, with a good Truck costing $140,000 plus and then a trailer along with it monthly payments are very high, and if ya can't afford to run them you are in big trouble
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I'll do a lot of sacrificing if it gets that son of bitch out of the white house. After all he said we all need to tighten our belts and sacrifice, so we will.

This could be a non-election year October surprise.

AMEN, Gaffer, that SOS (literally) needs to be shown that he is not king....or even a leader (unless a leader of our demise).

It doesn't just sound like a nice idea, it IS a nice idea to strike or "call in sick a few days". The doubters can doubt all they wish...I don't doubt the turnout will be anywhere near what angry Americans are capable of or expect fellow Americans of doing. I didn't, for a minute, doubt the bikers who made their voice (ENGINES) known.

Too many people will fear losing their jobs (IF) we do nothing and if I may remind the more ignorant among us, we have much more to fear than fear itself. WE have our liberties and livelihood if we (good men) do nothing. Times are indeed tough but I don't see anyone getting fired for not doing there job by striking or (CALLING IN THAT DAY). That would bring about law suits and I'd dare say that many of the bosses are ALL for this action. Walmart and Kmart and just about everyone is doing poorly anyway so I have no doubts that they aren't for this as well. Yes, the odds of picking up a new job quickly are pretty slim under B.O. but if we fail to do battle now....we'll simply be too weak to fight tomorrow. The enemy is burning American villages every day and we must rise up any way that we can to stop him from burning the next village.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1