So with a french well and an outdoor system with professional industrial pumps, which lead to the sewer system for drainage.... Well, inundated. Then we have a sump pump in our basement and one in the garage. Another 2 sumps purchased and one extra placed in flooded yard and the other just along the garage entrance and driveway - and we're still getting hammered. Our whole area is having issues but especially our dreaded home.

It rained 5 inches overnight and 7 more expected today. Rain won't stop until 1ish tomorrow afternoon.

I took these less than an hour after it finally started getting into our home. All them pumps and simply couldn't keep up. 5 yards surrounding our backyard all drain into our yard. So basically 5-7 backyards of rain coming here. City couldn't care less. I want to put like 20,000lbs of dirt in my yard to prevent any water from reaching ours. That would get their attention!

We bought a brand new furnace (AC/heat) earlier this year, and it's submerged right now. We also replaced our hot water heater and had them raise it off the ground. Well, water reached anyway and the pilot light and guts of the unit are flooded.

Our Backyard:

Front of house and driveway to garage:

Backyard prior to inundation:

Front garage:

Basement:

And now, no more rushing in water like that, but only because it has no risen above that mark, by a lot:

My poor workbench, and everything I could quickly get off the ground, and some into our sinks down there...

And video: