Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Want to go there?

In case your informed self doesn't know what a "Gunny" is, it is a Gunnery Sergeant, USMC. I take offense to the existence of this thread which is why I avoided it until now, and your enlightened self doesn't have a damned clue what you are talking about.

When you walk a mile in my combat boots you feel free to tell me what we are and what we think. Otherwise, this thread is an insult to me and anyone else who ever put on the uniform of the US military, and especially those that died in the line of duty because they believed in something more than self.

I know what "Gunny" means. But you shouldn't be offended at me. You should be offended that U.S. Marines along with many other servicemen were needlessly sacrificed to get us involved in a war that there was no need for. Except maybe to get the U.S. out of the Great Depression. But even that isn't a good enough of a reason. Also, you were only sergeant. In post #13 I mentioned something said by a General in the U.S. Marine Corps. You should pay attention to what a superior officer had to say. It was a lesson not learned. The Korean War was a stalemate. We got our asses kicked in Vietnam. It was sheer stupidity that caused us to support the Afghans in their war against Russia. 9-11 PROVED that.

As for our war in Afghanistan, that shouldn't have happened either. We should have just bombed the hell out of the country and called it even. Instead, we ended up just arming the hell out of the Taliban with American weapons. Neither was there any reason for either war against Iraq. The second one was over a poison gas and nuclear issue that didn't exist. Gaining oil was the real reason for that war. Which didn't turn out very well. All the trillions of dollars spent and American lives wasted did was basically hand the country over to Iran and form ISIS. Those things should piss you off.