Recipients: Jmarie, MJDuncan1982, Redhots, roomy, sagegirl

02-05-2007, 06:35 AM

Banned Posts:
Rep Points Rep Power: 0

PM Policy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Member of USMB,

There has been a recent change in policy regarding personal messages (PMs) that has not been publicly announced. Under previous ownership, PMs were private, and not readable by anyone except the sender and recipient. However, new ownership has installed a modification that allows administrators to read PMs. This feature is not a built-in option of the vBulletin system, nor is it condoned by vBulletin (see post #12 here), which is why this option was not used previously.

Please be aware that your PMs may be read at any time by the board owner. Several members' PMs have been read, and infractions have been issued regarding the contents of these PMs.

I stand a good chance of being demoted and/or banned from USMB for sharing this information. However, as those who have been around USMB for a while may recognize, I have made every attempt to treat all members fairly in the course of my moderating duties. I felt that this policy should be public knowledge so that no one would inadvertently break the rules via PM, only to find after the fact that their message was not private. Attempts to have this policy announced by the board owner have gone unanswered.

For further questions about this policy, please feel free to contact the board owner, Greg Bernhardt.

Regards,

View Public Profile
homepage!
Find all posts by
to Your Buddy List

I have just recieved this pm from a mod who has just been banned for sending it (I assume).I have removed the mods name for privacy reasons as I do hold privacy in high regard, unlike the new owner of this board.This post will more than likely be deleted shortly and I will probably be banned, in the unlikely event that I am not banned you wouldn't tell the difference because I am soon to leave this board and never come back.

To Greg Bernhardt and all you other peeping toms, I say fuck you and fuck your board.BYE BYE.