In December of 2005, after I had done extensive research on features, reliability and consumer comments, I bought a 46 inch Toshiba DLP, HDTV, model 46HM95. $1,800.00 freakin' dollars. It wasn't long before the audio and the video were out of sync. Repair number one. Then one of the fans inside it started sounding like a dirt bike. Replaced fan. Repair number two. Wasn't long after that the same fan that had been replaced started singing like a chain saw. Even worse than the original one. So this time the technician replaced a huge sub assembly called the light engine. Basically the whole damn thing where ALL the fans are. Repair number three. Now, just got home from work, turned on the TV, no picture. Sound, no picture. The set attempts to turn on like nine times, on and off, on and off, then just off. Nothing but blinking lights. I'm PISSED! This is repair number FOUR, and according to my $400, four year, full replacement warranty I purchased with the set, IT'S REPLACEMENT TIME. I'd LOVE to kick this thing in, stomp on it until it's in little pieces, and then throw it in the trash. Best part about all of that is, the technician can't get here until Monday to comfirm it's fucked up.... AGAIN! Then it's ANOTHER seven to ten day wait after that for them to "approve" a replacement. At this point, "THEY HAD BETTER APPROVE A REPLACEMENT, OR I'LL SEE THEM IN COURT".

In conclussion... NEVER BUY A TOSHIBA!!!