Liberals Beware: Coulter's Latest Book Is Offensive... and Hilarious!
By Lisa De Pasquale
Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Send an email to Lisa De Pasquale Email It
Print It
Take Action
Read Article & Comments (100) Trackbacks Post Your Comments

Best-selling author Ann Coulter has been reducing liberals to "sputtering rage" for nearly a decade. During that time, the Left has hopefully, but inaccurately, declared the end of her career more a dozen times. In Coulter's new book, If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans, she writes, "Uttering lines that send liberals into paroxysms of rage, otherwise known as 'citing facts,' is the spice of life. When I see the hot spittle flying from their mouths and the veins bulging and pulsing above their eyes, well, that's when I feel truly alive."

I've reviewed several of Coulter's books, but this review is a little different. I'll let Coulter explain: "I also wish to thank Lisa De Pasquale who reviewed tapes, Nexis transcripts, eight years of columns, five books, and random interviews to gather the bulk of the quotes used in this book. Lisa is now America's leading Ann Coulter historian." (Let the hate mail begin!)

If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans is like Cliff's Notes for liberals who are perennially shocked and conservatives that are in on the joke. The many Coulter fans that read her column every week and bought her previous five best sellers may wonder if the new book will be new to them. In addition to lengthy chapter introductions, most of this book will be new to fans.

What bothers Coulter's detractors more – her rhetoric, her success, or that she's even allowed to talk? Even before her media tour began, the liberal crackpots at Media Matters are already demanding that NBC, CNBC and MSNBC stop hosting her on their programs and boycott the blonde commentator. By the way, I should take this time to thank Media Matters for their unintentional help. Their obsession with transcribing Coulter's TV and radio interviews was quite useful while researching for the book. When If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans becomes a New York Times best seller, perhaps Media Matters will boycott itself.

Coulter's new book is a reminder of her battles with the leftist language police. While the details of her "career-ending" moments might be fuzzy, the words are still here in black and white. Reporters ask "Is this the end of Ann Coulter?" while her fans, new and old, roll their eyes and buy books for themselves and their friends. Most importantly, Coulter doesn't just weather the storm, she makes her targets irrelevant and in politics, that's the worst thing to be.

read the rest..
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/L..._and_hilarious!