** Reminder - please no replies other than the 2 participants **

I thought it would be fun to have an entertainment debate instead of a political one, although this one will be limited to 3 post apiece between OCA and myself. The question at hand is which team was a better team, or "dynasty", the 70's Steelers or the SB winning teams of the 80's/90's 49ers.

I'm going to start out by simply pointing out the best team ever assembled in the NFL to this day, and I believe it cannot be disputed.

Super Bowl IX - 16-6 over Vikings January 12, 1975
Super Bowl X - 21-17 over Cowboys January 18, 1976
Super Bowl XIII 35-31 over Cowboys January 21, 1979
Super Bowl XIV 31-19 over LA Rams January 20, 1980

The Steelers were the first team ever to win back to back Super Bowls, and to this day remain the only team to ever do it twice. From 1972 - 1979 they had eight consecutive playoff berths, 7 AFC central Titles, 4 AFC Championships and 4 Super Bowl wins.

It all started with the owner, Dan Rooney - who is now in the Hall of Fame. Then it was their Coach who won all 4 Super Bowls, Chuck Knoll, who is also now in the Hall of Fame.

Here are some highlights of who they had on offense:

Terry Bradshaw - In the Hall of Fame - 3 Pro Bowl appearances - 2 SB MVP'S
Franco Harris - In the Hall of Fame - 9 Pro Bowl appearances - SB MVP
Rocky Bleier
Mike Webster - In the Hall of Fame - 9 Pro Bowl appearances
Lynn Swann - In the Hall of Fame - 3 Pro Bowl appearances - SB MVP
John Stallworth - In the Hall of Fame - 3 Pro Bowl appearances

And on defense:

Jack Lambert - In the Hall of Fame - 9 Pro Bowl appearances
Jack Ham - In the Hall of Fame - 8 Pro Bowl appearances
Mel Blount - In the Hall of Fame - 5 Pro Bowl appearances
Joe Greene - In the Hall of Fame - 10 Pro Bowl appearances
LC Greenwood - 6 Pro Bowl appearances
Donnie Shell - 5 Pro Bowl appearances

All told, from 1974 through 1980 the Steelers sent 58 players to the Pro Bowl. They were a team of consistency and longevity. Their core players were all the same throughout all 4 Super Bowl victories in 6 years. They have sent 9 players from the 70's team to the Hall of Fame, along with their head coach.

No doubt about it, the 49ers were a great team, as were the Bears teams, Cowboys, Redskins and Patriots. But none of those teams fielded the same players for so many years, with record filled seasons and pro bowl appearances, and 4 SB's in 6 years by the same players.