Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
Editorial that point out the flaws in the report. I know you could care less about those flaws since it would go against your war on reality and Pres Bush
I have read the original, so I can point out where this editorial is wrong or misleading. It's a common occurence today that people trust "fast-food news", after reading this you might consider changing your approach to the news.

Let's go:

<mumble mumble>... and the pace of Iranian production of fissile material has accelerated since 2006. So has the development of missiles of increasing range. What appears to have been suspended is the engineering aimed at the production of warheads.
Yes, the pace of Iranian production of CIVIL USE fissile material has accelerated since 2006. It's an important distinction!!

So has the development of missiles of increasing range, ok...

What appears to have been suspended is the engineering aimed at the production of warheads. Keep this point in mind, as with the milseading start about CIVIL vs MILITARY fissile material the phrase changes entirely!!

The NIE holds that Iran may be able to produce enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon by the end of 2009 and, with increasing confidence, more warheads by the period 2010 to 2015. That is virtually the same timeline as was suggested in the 2005 National Intelligence Estimate.
Pure propaganda, that is: "telling selected truths, but not all of them, to achieve a specific thougt in the listener".
The differences between NIE 2005 and NIE 2007 are listed for easy reference in the last page of NIE original, here: http://www.dni.gov/press_releases/20...terstitialskip
And we can read that indeed the timeline is the same, but twoa crucial element is missing: first NIE 2007 they set a lower limit of late 2009, there's no way Iran could produce enough HEU until late 2009. Second, the big IF: IF THEY RESTART THEIR PROGRAM! I wrote in the first message of the thread that NIE 2007 concludes the nuclear weapons program stopped in 2003, and EVEN IF they would restart it today they'll never get enough HEU until late 2009, more reasonably 2013!!

Sorry if I don't have the time to assess all the other "noise" in the editorial, like the "3000 centrifuges" that (again) are for CIVIL USE... you got the idea on how this editorial was written and the bias put in it, I hope