I like that I'm not late, I think it's rude. I don't get mad at my friends when they are late, I know who is likely to be and I adjust my times to avoid anger. My sister-in-law is the inverse of myself and I always invite her at least an hour before I want her to show, only once has she shown up early from my guess, by 15 minutes.

Now me, I have the opposite problem. 15 minutes ago I left for the doctor's office for a 10am appointment, less than 5 minutes away. I knew it was at 10, so why did I leave at 8:40? Because I was obsessing on not forgetting to go. It wasn't until I saw kids waiting for the bus to pick them up that I went, "Oh". So here I am, to repeat again in about 1/2 hour.

I do the same with school. Have to be there at 7:40, I usually get there at 6-6:30. I get seriously panicked if I don't leave my house before 6:10.

Invited to someone's home, I'm driving around their neighborhood for 15-30 minutes, I don't want to 'show up early', that would be really rude! But since I only accept invitations to friends and family, I often wonder if they've looked out the window and wonder why I'm driving around.