Yeah, I realize that by ignoring the tragedy of this youth's suicide, by not acknowledging the underlying reasons that led to his actions, by appearing unsympathetic, I run the risk of coming across as a callous prick, but I can live with that. I am so sick of these asswads taking out bystanders that it is almost a celebratory event when one just kills himself.

The biggest tragedy is the effect witnessing the boy's suicide will have on the students who witnessed his selfish escape. Better he should do it alone in his room.

Report: Student Kills Self in Front of 150 Classmates at Alabama High School
Thursday, March 06, 2008

An Alabama high school student walked into the school gym Thursday morning and shot himself in front of 150 other students, WKRG.com reported.

Jajuan Homes, 18, reportedly fired one shot into the ceiling of the gym at Davidson High School in Mobile before turning the revolver on himself as other students watched...

Student Kills Self
And just for the record, this is tragic, I do wonder what could be so bad at the age of 18 that a person would want to end his or her life. With amount of professional help available to everyone in this overly coddled world we currently find ourselves, I see no reason for these sorts of thing to happen. I feel for his parents and their loss. There can be nothing worse than to outlive one's children, no matter what the circumstances.

I am just pleased that he decided there was no reason to take anyone else with him.