Hurricane season is coming...

I saw this product being advertised on TheWeatherChannel last year and researched it. IF I lived in a hurricane prone state, I would sure as hell invest in this product. But I don't.

So check it out, if you do maybe you should consider using some of that rebate check on this...

Force 12 Protection
High Impact Wind Screen

Two of the main causes for damage and destruction from tropical storms and hurricanes are flying debris and extreme windloads. Now there is a product unlike anything else you have seen that protects you from both heavy winds and flying debris - its name is Force 12.

Force 12 is a flexible high impact screen barrier system that is designed to resist wind pressures generated by hurricane force winds and withstand impacts from flying objects that would penetrate a block wall. Tested under the most rigorous hurricane standards in the country, Force 12 has exceeded all requirements. It has received Miami-Dade certification.

The unique material from which Force 12 is made allows diffussion of wind velocities by up to 97%. A 100 mph wind against the Force 12 wind barrier system becomes a 3 mph breeze inside the webbing. The flexible barrier actually repels flying debris unlike a rigid shutter system that transfers the shock load directly to the building to which it is attached.

Force 12 has been used to provide protection in diverse applications such as public shelters, home lanais, condominiums, firehouse bay doors and commercial buildings.