I've always marveled at how righties defend and praise greed and corruption. It used to be considered a cardinal sin, now in the republican world it is considered the greatest good. We ate last night overlooking the bay in one of the richest shore areas in New Jersey and I have to say I marvel at the wealth. Not because of any sense of jealousy, as we have done very well, but because of the large discrepancies in our nation today. Third world nations are defined in part by the separation of rich to the rest, we are almost there.

Corporate Greed Condemns America

"In the 1950’s the American Dream became a reality. This was a time when a working man could support a family, own a house and maybe a new car, and send his kids to college. This was the dream of American GI’s, the people who risked their lives in World War II and saved the world for Democracy. It was what they thought about when they were spending those long, terrifying nights in muddy foxholes.

This was a time of economic balance in the country. Worker’s salaries were miniscule compared with today’s compensation packages, but a salary of less than $100 a week was enough for a person to buy a home and take care of his family. The house was probably a tract home, with four bedrooms, two baths, a yard and attached garage – nothing fancy, but a place the family could call home. It probably cost around $12,000 and the mere fact that you had a job meant you could qualify for a loan."

http://viewfromthemeadow.com/corporategreed.html