Well, I just fired up my old Dark Age of Camelot account (same guys are making Warhammer) and I pre-ordered my copy to get in on the open beta. I'm excited about this game.

For those of you who don't know, Warhammer Online is an MMO based on the Warhammer world created by Games Workshop for their miniatures game. In the video game, there are 6 races/factions (Empire, Chaos, Dwarves, Orcs and Goblins, High Elves, and Dark Elves) fighting for two sides, order and destruction. What separates this game from others is the massive scale of the war between the factions (called Realm vs. Realm), as was pioneered in Dark Age of Camelot. The entire world is a war zone, with siege weapons and fortresses all over the place. Unlike World of Warcraft, these open field RvR matches are accessible from level 1 and have a profound impact on the game. As the game progresses and different zones fall, the different sides can capture the main cities of the opposing races. If they hold two of the three, they can attack the capital city of the enemy and burn it to the ground (after which the server will eventually reset the RvR battle to start again).

The other big changes are public quests, which are similar to raid quests in other games, except the group isn't pre-formed, everybody in the zone is in on it, and your reward is proportional to your contribution. Also, guilds can be leveled up by their members and gain benefits for these levels and cities are living, breathing entities which level and grow depending on what goes on there.

Anybody else looking to get in on the sweet, sweet action?