I wonder haow all this is happening in the 2008 political climate?

Source: CNN 11Alive

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Polls indicate that about 7 percent of blacks describe themselves as Republicans. Some say they are torn this election between ideology and the chance to make history.

Among the Republicans who attended the Republican National Convention, 23-year-old Claudio Simpkins -- a third year law student at Harvard. His father is a life-long Democrat. But Claudio is supporting John McCain.

He says he knows a number of Black Republicans in a quandary between voting along party lines, versus supporting Barack Obama and the potential to make history with the first black president.

"Did you struggle with it at all?" he was asked.

"I did," Simpkins replied. "You can't deny the historical significance of all of this and Barack Obama is definitely an inspirational figure. He's a role model to me and I know a lot of young black people; young minorities. You can't discount that. But at the same time, historical significance isn't going to make America a better place."

For other black Republicans?

"For me, this election, I have to go with Barack Obama," said black Republican Kevin Ross...............

More: http://www.11alive.com/news/national...0883&catid=166

Maybe it's just a figment of their imagination?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?