Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default In My Enemies House

tongue in cheek with the title, but it nearly felt like it...

i got invited to a shin dig in the malibu hills yesterday, the theme being automobiles, oil, electric cars, combustion cars, auto makers....with a movie finishing off the evening. i knew dems would be there in force, 1) it is malibu for pete sake, 2) the title of the film led me to believe that some or many republicans would dismiss it. apparently true or the invites when to known dems, probably more likely. i only got it because of family.

i did not want to dismiss it outright as i have a family member in a high position at one of the companies sponsoring the film, wanted to take the wife to a malibu shin dig (nice place, huge property, wow) and i wanted free food and thought it would be fun to broaden my horizons. i did not engage in open debate there due to the position my family member has, if i had been given free reign, i would have some awesome stories.

i wanted to share that dems are angry. they hate bush, regardless, period. it is not just a passing " i don't like his politics/policies" it is outright fanatical hatred. i know we see it on this board, but i have never seen it in person in such a large crowd. the fuck him, bullshit, fuck that, never stopped. MFM, you would have loved it!! sitting there on the open lawn watching the film, among absolute beautiful nature, and to be in the middle of such seething hate and anger was quite an experience.

in the question/answer part afterward -- when i did ask questions (my wife asked the best questions of the night IMO, she never ceases to amaze me how smart she is and of course she has this sweet, cute demeanor which means she gets away with asking stuff that people would probably kill me over, and then she smiles, that smile ....) i never got a straight answer. shocker. she did not either. big surprise. all the answers were: this will happen in the future, in the future, i know not now, yada yada...

the commitment to obama among these folks is very strong. this election will be interesting as i never detected that the commitment was anything other than = he is not bush
    Last edited by Yurt; 09-14-2008 at 05:36 PM.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb