Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TE=Said1;307748]I'm a human geography major
    don't give up hope

i'm kidding you really

and a lot of what I study involves the various aspects of population growth and decline and it's affects on different societies. Health Care isn't my favorite topic, I prefer funner stuff like 'light rail' expansion. The economics of health care is enough to put be to sleep for a long time, although I do know that price capping on services had made it very undesirable for doctors to practice in Canada. I've heard it's also difficult for foreign doctors to do what they need to do in order to get proper licensing, after being recruited from abroad - even though it seems like everyone is on their way to see dr. Chang or Dr. Ackmed..
    therein lies the argument...price caps...the free market....

who controls the price

who controls the market

and who controls both

the government should have a light hand in this....not a heavy hand. there is something for the private sector, even you see this in the medical field. right or wrong, the private medical sector does well, and if they dont, they fail. no one bails them out

As for unions and health care, I don't know. I do know that a few years back I applied for a job at one of the Ottawa hospitals. i forget the exact job title, but it involved walking around the corporate campus with a cart, picking up boxes of files and then destroying them in a giant thing-a-ma-bob. It paid $22/hr plus benefits out the A$$. Ottawa city hospitals are so desperate for staff, they're willing to take admin staff who received ICS diplomas. I bet Sally Struthers herself could get a job in admitting - wig and all.
    i have never recieved benefits out of the A$$.... care to explain

my question is this then.....the government is not working....do we know the private sector would not work.....well......maybe not........but........the government is not working in canada

or is it?

what is our choice?
    Last edited by Yurt; 10-11-2008 at 11:48 PM.
    Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb