We adopted a stray about six weeks ago. It had been running around the nieghborhood for over a week. I think someone just dumped her off and left her. Since it was so cold we brought her in. She's a lab and something else cause she's not as big as labs get but has all the features. The interesting thing is she doesn't bark at anything. If some one comes to the door she just sits there and looks. Never acts aggressive and is just as quiet and behaved as can be. I wonder if she was abused because she is very timid. I have never seen a dog that would not bark at all. we started calling her Chocolate, since she is a deep brown and she seemed to respond to that whenever we said it around her. And like the cat she only wants to eat people food.

She got hit by a car the other day. Pretty badly cut up in places but no bones appear to be broke. She seems to have healed up good over the past few days and is up and walking around, but she will not go outside now unless someone is with her.So now we have to get her to start going outside again and maybe the grandson's can teach her how to play.