Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
The fact of the matter is that the Bush tax cuts have resulted in significant tax savings for the top 5% of American taxpayers, in effect, becoming a regressive tax rather than a progressive tax system.

For a thorough examination of the effects of the Bush tax cuts can be found at the <a href=http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/background/bush-tax-cuts/ignore.cfm>Tax Policy Center</a> website.

I'm sure your frustration becomes intolerable every time you find out that reality has a "liberal" bias.
BP< the following are facts about the "rich" and the Bush tax cuts

Fact - Since the Bush tax cuts, the top 1% are paying MORE in taxes. They are currently paying 40% of all federal income taxes

Fact - the bottom 50% pay only about 3% of all federal income taxes

Fact - Liberals said the Bush tax cuts were so tiny, the middle class would not see a sizeable cut. Well, Obama is promisisng the working class a $1,000 tax cut. What is $1000 divided by 52? I do not hear libs saying the tax cut is tiny this time. The fact is, the middle class pay a small percentage of all federal income taxes

Fact - Since the Bush tax cuts, about 40% of workers do not pay any federal income taxes

Fact - Under Obama, those people who pay no federal income taxes will get a "tax cut". I always thought one had to pay a tax before they could get a tax cut

Fact - Obama will use the tax code to expand the welfare system by giving away other peoples money