My congratulations President Elect Obama. Although, I have for almost two years now said that I do not like you and would not vote for you, and I did not, I pray much success upon you and your Presidency.

I listened to your victory speech and was heartened in some respects. I fear for my freedom as a white American and a conservative, but hope those are just the jitters of someone who doesn't know you personally.

I pray you will be an uniter not the divider your predecessor proved to be. I pray that you will be a success in bringing about an end to the War in Iraq and bringing our soldiers home safe with victory in their hearts. I pray you can work to end the financial crisis that this nation is fighting today. I pray for your success in battling the health care crisis and I pray that the worries of my conservative friends will be nothing but fear of the unknown as time goes by.

I pray for your health and that of your family.

May God Protect you and enlighten you throughout your Presidency. May you serve this nation and its God faithfully. May the care and concern that you portrayed for this nation this early morning in November permeate through all of Washington and into the hearts of Americans, whether they are White, Black, Yellow or Brown, whether they are conservative or liberal or somewhere in between. I pray that that care you showed was sincere. May we look back someday in the future when we elect a new President and say, "a mirror of the Obama Presidency is a goal that this new President should strive to attain."

God Bless You and these United States,

Immie