Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
Religion is a BELIEF.
Science is a process of educated thought and study.

There is no accurate "word of God." Since God rarely gives press conferences. Jesus never appeared before any Biblical media. The Bible was not even put together until approximately 300 years after his death.

I believe in God. I have religious values. But I don't believe the earth is 6,000 years old. dmb probably has underwear older than that.

In the words of the late great Bill Hicks: "I have a one-word question for those who believe the Earth is less than 10,000 years old -- dinosaurs."
Science and religion are not as different as you seem to think. Both methods of seeking out and learning about the truth around us, just different aspects of that world. Science focuses more on the physical world around us. Religion the Spiritual/moral world around us.

Both take faith. You may not realize it, but it's certainly true. In each, a person experiments. A scientist with the physical world around him. A man of faith through an experimenting on the Word of God. Through these tests, a man of science can learn through trial and error. A man of Faith, however, can learn through revelation from God.

Both science and faith have witnesses. Scientists are the witnesses of science. They are the ones who preform the experiments. Most people in the world don't both to experiment on every little aspect of science themselves. Most inherently rely on the testimony of the scientists as to the experiment, the conditions of the experiment, and the conclusions. Thus through faith men rely on science. If a person wanted to find out for themselves, they could also engage in the experiments and can become witnesses for the experiment.

With religion, God calls witnesses to. These men are prophets and apostles and testify of the things God has taught them. And men who hear their message exercise faith. Through this faith they, like the scientists, may go before God through study and prayer and their own experiment on the Word and learn for themselves from God the same truths those called witnesses recieved. Through this way they also become witness.

Thus, religion and science are not that different. They both seek truth, they both have witnesses that learn that truth and testify of it to others. And we can see the results of both in our lives. The only difference is reason and revelation.