Well, another Obama nomination has an issue with paying his taxes on time

Tom Daschle had to pay $100,000 in back taxes - I guess he had not gotten around to pay them before Pres Obama offered him the job

The entire administration seems to be "do as I say, not as I do."

Back taxes cloud Daschle nomination

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Former Senate Democratic leader Tom Daschle recently had to pay more than $100,000 in back taxes for a three-year period, which has delayed his confirmation as Health and Human Services secretary.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Friday that Mr. Daschle, President Obama's choice to spearhead health care reform, had filed amended tax returns to the Internal Revenue Service and made payments with interest.

A Senate Finance Committee report showed Mr. Daschle paid $128,203 in back taxes and $11,964 in interest for 2005 to 2007 to cover income for consulting, the use of a car-and-driver service, and lower deductions for charitable contributions.

"He didn't think to report it to the IRS. He didn't think of it as taxable income, but it came up during the vetting process," a congressional aide who asked not to be identified told Reuters news agency.

ABC News first reported on the tax issue Friday evening, saying he owed more than $100,000, and White House officials later confirmed the report.

A Daschle spokeswoman did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...le-nomination/