Quote Originally Posted by sgtdmski View Post
I belong to another debate site as well where I am a Moderator. However, we have a few moderators there that have the tendency to ban people quite often. I am one of the few if not the only conservative voice on the site. I have grown weary of that site because so much of the debate is gone. There are so many liberals that frequent the site that I cannot always keep up with the debates. Lately it seems as though the site has been taken over by the homosexual supporters, if you are anti-gay you can expect to be reported to the moderator and shortly thereafter banned. The only reason they cannot ban me is that I am a moderator and have been on that site longer than most of them.

I like this site because there is actually a mixture of viewpoints, and while the bickering between people can be annoying, at least we have people bickering.

I am not sure if there is an easy answer or a quick fix to the problem of bickering between members, that is what usually happens when you have different viewpoints and ideologies. I for the most part try treat everyone with respect, but sometime the arguments you come accross from those who oppose you make little to no sense or have nothing to do with the points made, and sometimes it is frustrating and hard to not to respond with what some might consider derogatory twist to your comment.

dmk
I appreciate your take, as you've been here a relatively short time and have some objectivity. I agree that there is some mix of the political spectrum, I for one would like more. Differences in opinion can lead to tempers flying a bit, but it shouldn't get to the personal, try to destroy someone level. That is what we would like to get in check. I'm pretty sure it will happen, the owner is determined at this point. So it will be done nicely or not so nicely, the members own decisions.