or put them in a zip folder and save to my docs. lots a ways

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
My first thought would be to pm Jim and have him read this thread and see if he has any recommendations. He may have some thoughts as to the cause.

You might want to look into a trojan removing program as well. I don't recommend shareware type cause they just show you what's there and don't remove it unless you buy the program.

I think it was something besides a trojan though. Like one of those new spyware that your program found. Another good program for cleaning out your system is Advanced Systemcare. It's free with option to buy upgrades.
some of those programs actually install spyware on your PC. the other trick is the free scan that shows your totally infected. buy now !!!! you do and there's nothing there. what a scam !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
OK, IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN...another huge screen takeover with a Obama video...this is getting weird..shut down tower again..

I received this..
Microsoft error
some unexpected errors have happened to software you recently installed..

never seen something like this before....

I tried to take a screenshot, but not sure if it worked..

I must be sounding nuts about now...

just ran p.c tune up and it reported this..
Med, priority..
the key, "software/Microsoft window/current version/explorer/fileexts/open with list..is corrupted..

if it is a virus or intrusion/hacker you zone alarm should popup with a block notice. mine does.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
Any and all suggestions are welcome..

I'm not sure if I am explaining what happened for anyone to understand what really happened, or if I'm just being stupid and paranoid that something was installed on my computer... I've heard of Trojans, but don't know if I have ever had one, don't know much about them...

like I said, it is running fine as of today, some slowness from time to time, but running p.c. tuneup is not finding any problems like it found the other night..

thanks all..
just like the name implies. they install then wait for you to run programs then attack.

http://www.tech-faq.com/trojan-horse-virus.shtml

once again it should be blocked by your zone alarm. if indeed it is a virus