Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Esslingen View Post
When I arrived at this board, the righties were in the middle of a flamefest that they somehow thought was appropriately posted in Current Events, not the Steel Cage. When they got their feet held to the fire, you should have seen them come up with every excuse in the book for flaming that member and trying to explain that I didn't know the whole story. For a Twilight Zone minute I thought I'd gotten dropped in the middle of the White House-lost emails-Gonzales-Congress dispute.

I've seen the mods here shitcan a member for posting contrary posts to the ones the mod posted. I've seen them excuse the blatent violators of the Reputation rules and do nothing over reported posts where members were abused and threatened. Partisan isn't the word I would use to describe them.

I hold little hope for anyone on the other side of the aisle to live within the spirit of the owner's request since they have not so far. I'll be happy to do my part... until they start in again with the personal attacks. (It's as predictable as night following day.)

What you consider a personal attack, and what actually IS a personal attack are two totally different things.. If someone calls you a lameass, and tells you that your views are twisted and lopsided, you're going to consider that a personal attack, whereas someone else may just consider it fact, and yet another person may just consider it an opinion.

You're also on a political board where free speech (much to your dismay, probably) is actually ALLOWED. That means in order for YOU to have it, you have to put up with it from others.

Before you "give up hope for anyone on the other side of the aisle", take a close look at the shit your own company is smearing on the window.