Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default the first thing he did this morning....

I think the first thing he did this morning was go for a run.....

Talking about my dad....

he was in a car accident back when he was in his 30s.....banged up his knee really bad, walked with a limp from that day on....I never saw him walk without a limp and I know it caused him lots of pain....

he had knee replacement surgery in the 70s.....I think that helped....but the replacement joint failed a month or so ago because it separated from the bone...he had to go to the nursing home then because he couldn't even get from his bed to a wheel chair without help....

He died in his sleep last night at the age of 95.....

I'm thinking the first thing he would have wanted to do is go for a run.....something he hadn't been able to do for over 60 years.....

I expect it was down a country gravel road.....he would have wanted to see if the farmers in heaven could plant their rows straighter than the farmers in Iowa......

if he happened to see a flower blooming in the ditch he would have stopped to look at it.....and if there were any little kids around he would have made sure he pointed it out to them so they wouldn't miss seeing how beautiful it was.....he'd have told them God had planted it there and hidden it under the grass just so they could have the surprise of finding it.......

I can't imagine it happening any other way....

he always said he wanted this played at his funeral....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 11-11-2009 at 04:18 PM.
    ...full immersion.....