Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Can KSM Get a Fair Trial?

Looks to like the Obama administration is trying to make sure KSM will walk when he goes on trial

Here is what WH Press Sec Gibbs said yeaterday

Where he gets tried is still up for debate, but the White House thinks it knows what will happen when alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is convicted.

"Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is going to meet justice and he’s going to meet his maker," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told John King on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday morning.

"He's likely to be executed for the heinous crimes he committed," he added.

The strong words have come on the heels of swirling debate as to where exactly the trial for Khalid and the four other suspected 9/11 plotters will be conducted.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...#ixzz0eIXChslI

and Pres Obama said this awhile back

During a round of network television interviews conducted during Obama’s visit to China, the president was asked about those who find it offensive that Mohammed will receive all the rights normally accorded to U.S. citizens when they are charged with a crime.

“I don't think it will be offensive at all when he's convicted and when the death penalty is applied to him,” Obama told NBC’s Chuck Todd.

When Todd asked Obama if he was interfering in the trial process by declaring that Mohammed will be executed, Obama, a former constitutional law professor, insisted that he wasn’t trying to dictate the result.

“What I said was, people will not be offended if that's the outcome. I'm not pre-judging, I'm not going to be in that courtroom, that's the job of prosecutors, the judge and the jury,” Obama said. “What I'm absolutely clear about is that I have complete confidence in the American people and our legal traditions and the prosecutors, the tough prosecutors from New York who specialize in terrorism.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29661.html

The defense lawyers must be looking forward to using these statements to push for a mistrail

I thought the left were doing trying the terrorists in Federal Court to ensure a fair trial for the terrorists
    Last edited by red states rule; 02-01-2010 at 10:41 AM.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan