McCain just called out the President and his ilk for their shadiness and lying during the creation of the current 'health care reform' bill(s).

Our Weak President simply side-stepped

"Eight times (during the campaign) you said the healthcare negotiations would be conducted on C-SPAN,'' Republican Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) today told his erstwhile adversary, President Barack Obama.

That time finally has come, McCain said at the televised heatlhcare summit today -- but unfortunately the legislation before them now is the product of months of backroom deals. That included an agreement reached early on at the White House with the pharmaceutical industry, McCain said in a highly pointed series of accusations.

"John....'' Obama said.

"May I just finish?'' McCain said. "When my constituents and Americans who now object to this proposal say they want us to go back to the beginning, they want us to go back to the beginning.''

That means going through the 2,400-page document and removing all the special provisions for special interests, McCain said.

"We're not campaigning anymore -- the election;s over,'' Obama finally said.

"I'm reminded of that every day,'' McCain said with a laugh.

"We can have a debate about process, or we can have a debate about how we're going to help the American people,'' Obama told McCain. "The latter debate is the one they care about more.''