Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Better to believe in a false God than no God?

Hey guys, just posting this as its popped into my head, i'm am currently in correspondence with a young lady from Bahrain, who has been raised Muslim, but the older she is growing the more oppressive she feels her religion is and to cut a long story short she wants out of it, and all religion for that matter. However, in a twist that i was not expecting, she does not know if she should tell her parents that she is an atheist, or that she wants to convert to another religion. Because even though she knows she does not believe in any Gods she thinks that she will be more of a target of abuse if she becomes atheist. Tis a most horrid position to be in,

and thus i got thinking, what with this being a mainly Christian board, would you rather that your Friend, co-worker, child ect was an atheist and believed in no gods, or was a theist but believed in (as far as you're concerned) the wrong god?

EDIT -I phrased the question badly, it should rather read - What i should of asked is, if a Friend, co-worker, child ect was turning away from the Christian religion, would you rather they became the follower of another religion or an atheist.
    Last edited by Noir; 02-26-2010 at 10:01 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.