Just wanted to highlight a local hero. Bless her, she wasn't being paid enough for that.

http://www.wave3.com/global/story.asp?s=12200396

SHELBYVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A Shelby County nanny is being hailed a hero. 22-year-old Alyson Myatt is at University Hospital, recovering from severe burns after she saved a 5-year-old's life.

Around 6:20 a.m. on March 23, Myatt was sleeping in a downstairs bedroom at a home on Golden Rod where she is a live-in nanny for 5-year-old Aiden Hawes, whose father was out of town.

"I just heard a big boom. I thought it was Aiden," Myatt said.

After hearing the boom, Myatt immediately sprinted upstairs - barefoot. When she got to the hallway, she was met by flames on the carpet.

"I was calling him. He said, ‘Aly, I'm in here. I'm in my room underneath my covers.' I was like okay and I ran there, grabbed him and ran out," said Myatt.

Myatt said her focus was rescuing Aiden. At the time, she didn't even think about getting burned.

"After I ran off the carpet, my feet were just ... it was like I was walking on goo 'cause all the skin. My feet were just burned off," Myatt described.

Myatt then ran out of the house with Aiden, drove to a neighbor's house to call 911. Although Myatt suffered burns to her hands, legs and feet, she said Aiden was not injured.