Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
i won't discuss that subject again, i have already done that and provided quotations for Israelian leaders saying that they knew that Egypt was never going to start war but still they had to take that chance to occupy Sinai.

in short:
US President sent a message to Nasser through the Egyptian ambassador in USA, US President warned Nasser from the consequences if Egypt started the war and urged Nasser not to be the first one to attack.

same night at 3 AM, the Soviet Union ambassador in Egypt asked for an urgent meeting with Nasser, and then he told Nasser at the meeting that the Soviet Union urges Egypt not to start the war.

both US and Soviet Union assured Egypt that Israel would never attack, thats why Nasser refused the requests from Marshal Field Amer to start a preempitive war against Israel because everyone anticipated Israelian attack, but Nasser refused repeatedly and insisted that all Egyptian troops in Sinai act as defensive troops, and never to start the war according to the US and SU requests and assurances.

"King Hussein arrived in Cairo on 30 May and committed Jordan to the United Arab Command—an alliance which also included Egypt and Syria—under the command of Egyptian general Muhammad Sidqi. Amer anticipated an Israeli attack and advocated Egypt launch a preemptive strike. He was backed by former Syrian prime minister Amin al-Hafiz. Due to assurances, however, from the American administration and the USSR that Israel would not attack, Nasser refused Amer's suggestion, insisting that Egyptian forces in the Sinai should only act defensively. In addition, he questioned the Egyptian military's readiness since the air force lacked pilots, the army reserve lacked training"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamal_A..._and_aftermath

Israelian leaders knew that all the Egyptian troops in Sinai were of defensive nature, they were sent to the borders because of a soviet intel that said that israel is going to attack Syria and Egypt had a mutual defense pact with Syria so we had to be ready in case of war.
So now you are saying the 'super powers, whomever they may be' have ultimate power over the ME? You do realize what you are saying, right? Note please, it's not recognized yet, but the former Soviet Union, along with today's Russia, and today's US, none are super powers. You do get that? Right.