Since the other thread has gotten a bit convoluted and long and length, I thought I would start a new one.

The basis is something I got in my mail. It is the answer posed by a woman who has had an abortion, as part of the continuing debate.
It is extremely lengthy, but well thought out and an honest answer by someone who has been there and done that. You may then continue with your hysterical posturing on the subject.

My Abortion Letter to Republican’s
-
I had an abortion when I was young; and aware of what I was doing. I did it under extraordinary and difficult circumstances; and with good reason. The details aren’t any of your business. My right to privacy should never be infringed upon. Without inalienable rights we have no rights at all.
-
My mind heavily weighed the options and I even wrote down the pros and cons. Why are the women abused over this and not the men? My God, isn’t it enough I had to go through a procedure like that and so long ago to suffer again. No woman wants to go through that type of physical and mental pain.
-
I’ve read online posting telling women to close their legs, or use the birth control, but I never read posting stating the man should have worn protection. I was never promiscuous. Where is the birth control for the man? The “Adam and Eve Effect” is religious persecution directed at women? Women are always the ones to blame and bear the burden. We have de-evolved. This is not good.
-
Let’s shame and blame the woman beforehand so the “Jesus freaks” feel godly. Let’s make that decision as painful for them as we can because we are good people? Shaming, blaming, punishing and burdening a distraught woman is not godly! That is what religion is about these days, isn’t it? Religion is sick!
-
Fetuses are miscarried every day. Babies die in foster care from abuse, neglect, malnourishment, drug related, disability related, and disease related situations every day. God takes care of the dead. We don’t do well taking care of the living. We hate those that don’t think like us and we hate the underprivileged because they are an economic burden on the rest of us and it is a reminder that it could be you or me. You want them to be born into poverty, without proper health care, with poor education, and in deplorable conditions. How noble of the pro lifers. Yes, it is your moral duty to bring them into a world of oppression so you can control their choices, and hate on them from draining your wealth. This, so you can feel good about yourself? Pro lifers live in denial!
-
You aren’t pro-life. You are anti-choice. Our Constitution is based on liberalism. Roe v Wade was upheld a long time ago by a Republican majority on our Supreme Court. Focus on our economy.
-
I’ve volunteered in foster care programs you guys are clueless to what goes on in foster care homes. I’ve volunteered in just about every social system. I know exactly what I’m talking about. You are ignorant individuals. You live in that bubble in that clueless world don’t you? Poor people don’t live like that. Hypocrites judge people based on their lives, their choices and their belief system. You have no right to do that.
-
Overpopulation, a declining water table, the earth cycling out, and starvation are painful deaths for a society. I’d say your focus is inappropriate.
-
You have no right to compare your life, your choices, and your experiences to mine, and think that what works for you is the answer for everybody. I think that is selfish. I think wanting to control the outcome of someone else’s private matter is selfish. You want to control two lives. I’m handing the situation over to God to control. I had lost control.
-
If you really cared you would fix our economy, stop cutting Texas education, and provide for the poor. You don’t want to take care of them once you save them. Hypocrites! This is about slamming strong women that don’t buy into the theological oppression of women.
-
I believe in a democracy. You are after a theocratic society and that promotes oppression.
-
I’ve raised an exceptional child. My experience made me a better mom. God doesn’t beat me up for it, but people like you continue to do so. Women like me have to relive that nightmare all over again to stand up for our daughters; and to stand up for all women and their right to their own body. My abortion might have been part of God’s plan.
-
I would do it all over again, and that isn’t what you want to hear. Well guess what? It isn’t about you. It is about my life, my body and my choice. God will judge me. It isn’t your place. We have to draw a reasonable line somewhere. Your line is a prison line; and you will not imprison my body using religious trickery to violate individual privacy. You are attacking my beliefs and my religion to get the outcome that you want! That is freedom for some but ideological controlling of others. You don’t have a democracy when you do that.