Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
I would assume that OnStar will have a fuse for the system, just like every other electrical system installed in your car.

Pull your fuse panel lid off, look at the legend printed on the backside of the fuse panel cover, identify and pull the fuse, then hit your OnStar button to verify that it doesn't turn on.

And like Gaffer said, if that doesn't work then snip the wires going to the unit itself.

But personally, I would disable it anyway if I'm not using it but I don't think there is any reason to get too concerned about it. If and when cops start mailing out tickets due to OnStar records, you can bet your last dollar that OnStar will die overnight, and GM sales will plummet immediately.

There's no way they'd willingly allow your info to be dispersed. Of course, hacking is a concern but we all run that risk with our banks right now anyway.

I have a 9 passenger 4x4 Suburban, it's loaded but doesn't have the OnStar so it's a non-issue for me.

I seen a thing the other day, someone had hacked into a vehicle through the blue tooth and shut down the electric steering system. Causing an accident. I'm trying to convince my dad right now that he needs to buy a computer capable of programming these newer cars so that he can download the updated security software to his customers cars.