Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
Uh Jim I apologize, I wasn't sure of your position on Where the WMDs Saddam had (long ago) came from. That's why i put the word "maybe" in my post, I'm sure Gaffer said it because it was recently he was rebutting a point i made with that idea.
Sorry Jim.

Gunny, you said a pet peeve was words meaning things in the constitution thread. your words taken as a whole in that one post did Imply that. Though I hoped you didn't mean it that way. So i put a point on it with my reply.

Now it seems your still upset because if the soldiers aren't at war then they will be jobless,

But Ok Here let me try to put this in the best light i can think of based on your words
You think that we NEED to Finish the "JOB" (whatever that is to you, you won't say).
But Not because soldiers need work.
SO if the "Job" was Finished (whatever that is to you). It would be Ok to bring the troops home but since it's not it's twice as bad to bring them home because there are no jobs.
That's the best i can make of what you saying I may be to slow to pick it up your full intent.

But I'm not sure what question you all want me to answer. that your so hot on?
If you want to answer What "Obama is going to do with the troops" I've got no idea what his plans might be. If your asking me, Well this is America, I believe in capitalism and self sufficiency. The Troops have access to the renewed GI bill with access to education and designated loans for housing and business loans. Which I think is deserved. If they are out of the service they have to make their way like the rest of us. There are no guaranteed jobs in the U.S. last I checked. Maybe some of these troops can create the Jobs the country needs rather than wasting their talents in the M.E.. For those that want to stay in the military if we close some bases overseas I'm not sure why we can't put a couple extra of bases on the Mexico boarder, stations some troops there. that one thing. I can give a few more ideas but the post might be longer than what you want to reply too.

The "job" at this point is to make sure that Iraq is strong enough to stand on its own after we leave. That's what some of you don't seem to get. We went to take out saddam and give the Iraqi people the opportunity to have their country back. It does no good to kill Sadaam if 10 years later we just leave and someone worse steps into the void. We created a mess over there , and frankly we owe it to Iraq to clean it up.

Personally, I think Bush screwed up. He should have sent team 6 in and just killed the fucker and his sons and told the Iraqi people "do what you want, but if the next guy fucks with us, he's dead to."