Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I can certainly undertand your frustration...because there have been times I have asked for help from law enforcement only to be told that there is nothing they can do. A lot of the time it seems like the rules are made to protect the criminals. For example...try getting a retraining order on a grown man who is picking up your 14/15 yr old daughter from school without parental permission...or...picking her up and taking her and dropping her off across town at to parties etc after curfew......after being told repeatedly to stop. Can't get one...unless you can prove he intends "harm". Guess you have to wait until they are abducted,abused or hurt before law enforcement will do anything.
I'm assuming that you are talking about the child's father? Unless there is a court order a school nor the police can just take away his parental rights. A criminal court can't even do that, has to come from family court. Not sure what you expected? Does that mean some pretty shitty parents do some pretty shitty things? Yes it does, but mom (or dad) shouldn't be able to just have the other parent's parental rights taken away just because they don't like what the other is doing.

Have had more than one divorced parent show up at school board meetings screaming at us the school for allowing the other parent to pick up the child when they didn't want them to. Short of a court order there is simply nothing we can do. We don't have the legal standing to say "nope, sorry Mom doesn't want dad picking the kid up, so get out." In fact, we could be sued if we tried.

Now of course show us a court order and we will comply.