Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
if everyone here were a bunch of hooting dickholes; would it make it right, or merely correct? Is being correct a sufficient standard of behavior, or should we temper our behavior to be sensitive to others' beliefs on what is right? (see: Limbaugh, Maher) I say screw 'em. If I'm a hooting asshole I don't expect you to care; nor do I expect you to grant me any consideration, whatsoever. Just hot air really; we all blow off steam from time to time-- doesn't make it right, but it doesn't make it wrong either.
Well, it's not right to say something like that, but it also wouldn't be correct either. And clearly from what I wrote, being correct is not a sufficient standard of behavior.

So what you're saying, log, is that it would be perfectly fine with you to walk into a store, ask if they have a particular item, and the cashier goes "What do you fuckin' think? Now fuck off, I'm on the phone!" If you would want to talk to the person's manager, someone else who isn't being an asshole, or not shop at that store again, then guess what? You do expect a certain standard of behavior.

And there's a difference between blowing off steam, and erecting a billboard strictly for the purpose of trolling an entire neighborhood.