Over the last several weeks I've taken up canning as a hobby, so to speak. But it can be an expensive endeavor. However, once the supplies are bought and the action in the kitchen takes place, my mind and hands are in a much better mood. They move in positive directions, fulfulling the goal of filling the jars. The family, as picky as they can be, are in love with the lucious foods I am canning. I've not only managed to can a stewed tomato mix of celery, onions and garlic, but moved into the realm of exstacy when I see the gorgeous colors and experience the scents of various foods. Pickled watermelon rines, bread and butter pickles, a broccoli/caulif mix, caulifl and onions, wax and green bean mix, gr. beans alone, asparagus, kiwi jam, strawberry jam, strawberry/rhubarb jam, plum jam, pickled beets, salsa, and more. I have a bit more to can and then moving into another scent, that of which is baking fresh bread. The thought of that reminds me of when my mom used to bake it and the neighbor kids would come and want some. The scent of it emmanating from the oven floating around the house, is one way of experiencing Heaven. Amd then there's the homemade chilli I make that I'm wanting to can as well.

A happy mind, busy hands and movin' bones are things that make for a busy, funfilled day. Better to use them, than to let them sit growing stale, stagnant and stiff.