I see my questions go unanswered; They usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
I really still prefer the original meaning of the term Liberal over this crap democrats pulled to try to pull the wool over our eyes.
I agree that if the Feds put in law, some benefit for a person, that benefit should also go to all other citizens. Marriage however is a very legal term. For me, it is not about the parties, but about the very word marriage. Some will snort and say, who cares about meanings.
It would be like telling a prostitute she has the same rights to the men that the other women in the mens lives have such as his wife or daughter or son.
Homosexuals stand alone. They don't even support polygamy nor adult to adult incest marriages. So long as they are that selfish, I see no need to help them out.
They don't support polygamy not adult incest marriages? Hmm, maybe they do have some respect for traditional values after all. That being your evidence for their "selfish" position is pretty weak. Prostitutes?

The root problem is that the State has co-opted a legal meaning where they shouldn't have. It's understandable given its history but when State benefits are tied to that meaning then don't be surprised when those who are left out start demanding access to that meaning.