Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
You don't have to be religious to be married. You don't have to get married in a church.
My sister is not religious. She was legally married in a civil ceremony.

The government says you have to be legally married for either of the partners receive certain benefits.
Several members of my mother's family live in Germany. Except for one of my aunts, they are all married. Germans have nothing against marriage.

I doesn't matter if you think homosexuality is disgusting. It's not against the law. Therefore, there should be nothing saying that homosexuals shouldn't get married.
Gabby, I don't care if you go down to the supermarket, and buy a carton of milk and the pimply kid behind the counter unites you to your same sex partner and you call it marriage. It's just a label. I don't care. The word Marriage or any form thereof should not appear in a single government document.

The word CONTRACT should and could cover every conceivable situation. The government should be required to accept ANY contract that does not violate the law. Since the word married is not in any government documents it stands to reason that no laws against any marriages may exist.

loons that keep screaming that kids would be getting married, get real. There are age of consent laws in regards to contracts in every state in the union, as well as statutory rape laws.