I remember reading the screeds from Billy Graham from the 50's and 60's, vile anti-Catholicism, undertones of racial bigotry. All in all, hate preaching and teaching. Once I went to 'Bible Summer School' at a Presbyterian Church with my best friend, it was the church her family belonged to. When the teacher found out I was Catholic, she told me that if I stayed so, I'd got to hell. Catholics were worse than the Jews. Yeah, her family changed churches, interesting since her grandfather had donated the land and built that church himself. Then again, he was sort of anti-Catholic himself.

From most here and other forums, seems those lessons are still going on, their flocks have bought into it for sure. Maybe Phelps is just a rung down lower on the ladder.

It's funny, most folks I'm friends with are Protestants, they really regret the things they leaned in their churches and church classes years ago. Then again, they are educated enough not to confuse child abusers with Catholics as a whole or blame Catholics for the cover-ups that happened.