One of my colleagues is going to a conference during spring break. She is going to be tied up in meetings pretty much all day, so I told her that I would make her reservation for her. Usually takes about five minutes.

The mistake I made was calling the main reservation line for Hampton Inn. A woman answered who was obviously not a native English speaker. She had trouble with the name I gave her, even when I spelled it. I gave her the location of the hotel I wanted, which is a suburb, and she denied there was a Hampton location there. Then she kept wanting to know my "Honors number," even though I told her I didn't have one.
After several minutes of incoherent haggling, I asked her where she was located. She said she needed to talk to a supervisor.
That is when I hung up and called the desired inn directly, which I should have done in the first place. Took about two minutes.

Another colleague of mine says she refuses to talk to any representative that she knows is outsourced.
Any company that outsources its labor should have to pay import taxes on their goods and services. Simple as that.