Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    Regardless of what it 'sounds like' it shows that the Taliban was not the enemy but for the AQ presence. Proper enemy identification is key.
    ... so, let me get this straight. Terrorist ENABLERS are, by your reckoning, not an enemy ???

If you were right, then they could've handed OBL over. They REFUSED TO.

Your attempt to NOT see the Taliban as enemies is typical Leftie perversity.

Now explain why we should extend that to every other failed nation state that harbors terrorists.
    ... er'm, because (depending on exact circumstances) .. they represent a threat to your security !

Have you really, seriously, not grasped the principle behind military actions taken to fight the War on Terror ?? Have you not understood why there's needed to be a troop presence in Afghanistan for so long ?

Did you, maybe, think your service personnel were just there 'to get away from it all' ?

The problem is constant misapplication of "leftie mentality."
    Actually, it seems to me that your posts help to characterise what I mean by 'Leftie mentality'.

You must surely grasp what it is I'm explaining to you .. and have been aware of these sorts of arguments before I ever bothered to take time out to post explanations of them. Nonetheless, being true to a 'Leftie mentality', you've embarked on a stance that feigns non-understanding, and dismissiveness, of tactical and logistical fundamentals. And, for why ? In the hope of furthering the stance that has it that one CAN be, SHOULD be, both ignorant of basic dangers to your security, AND of the mentality driving terrorism and terrorists.

You want alertness to these dangers put to sleep .. because, for some reason I've never been able to fathom, it serves the LEFTIE MENTALITY to be as soft on terrorists - or other ideological adversaries - as it's possible to be. Example: when Obama gained the Presidency, how quickly did he declare TO AMERICA'S ENEMIES a timetable of withdrawal from Afghanistan ? Had terrorist activity ceased at that time ? NO ... but he announced the withdrawal, all the same !!!

It's nuts. It really is !! Yet, time and again, you Lefties find ways of trying to get people to have some level of sympathetic consideration for them. 'They are not the danger the Right says they are'. 'Consider their human rights'. Stop fighting them, pull back, withdraw .. appeasement stances ... you Lefties, repeatedly, find perverse ways of favouring them.

Weird in the extreme. And, more .. downright dangerous.
    Last edited by Drummond; 04-22-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!