Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
Once again, aboutime and RSR prove they are braindead jackasses who only consider one point of view:

From the start, Bush embraced a governing philosophy of deregulation. That trickled down to federal oversight agencies, which in turn eased off on banks and mortgage brokers.
Bush did push early on for tighter controls over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, but he failed to move Congress.
After the Enron scandal, Bush backed and signed the aggressively regulatory Sarbanes-Oxley Act. But SEC head William Donaldson tried to boost regulation of mutual and hedge funds, he was blocked by Bush's advisers at the White House as well as other powerful Republicans and quit.
Plus, let's face it, the meltdown happened on Bush's watch.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...877320,00.html

I don't recognize the Time hit piece authors, but as to the mortgage industry, I can assure all posters that blaming Bush is utter nonsense. Worse, it is all lies.

We were not deregulated. Hedge funds are not mortgage companies. It is possible that a company can do both, but Most in the mortgage industry work hard and are dedicated to honesty. A few bad apples does not mean we are bad.

You left wingers sit on your thumb as Obama enriches the very rich. With all he has done for the very rich, it probably is smart for those on the right to not defend the Rich.

But for one fact of course. They have been overtaxed and but for Obama making them all richer, they can pay more taxes.

Look at the stock market. I hear that the rich home builders are slowly coming back to life. Dodd Frank is an economy killer.