Well, BOW SEASON is just two months away (or LESS) depending on where you live so I'd like to start a thread on what my wife and I saw while headed back home yesterday (July 30, 2013). Forgive the photo...we never stopped completely because another guy behind us had also spotted them and pulled over to scope them with his binoculars. This made them very uneasy and the guy would have been better serving to both of he and ourselves had he went on by, turned around and made a more careful approach. They were just about to head out when the photos were taken because the egghead actually started driving the adjacent field to get closer. The five bucks and three other deer with the five (doe or button heads) did not like his approach at all. These deer were not too far from our pastor's property or a major college. They were actually within 500 yards of the college.

Anyway, as an archer ONLY my last hunt with a rifle was back in 2006 or 07 but I've never put a bow down...just love it too much. I'm not as KraZy as I once was in my earlier days but I still get the fever....much like those who have long awaited the Fall Football Season. In fact, opening day still gives me those butterflies I got just before a big game and for those who have played sports or had a part in a play, you know exactly what that type of anxiety can bring. In closing, I hope this thread will bring like-minded individuals closer together and I encourage participation throughout the hunting year (whether your preference is with a gun, bow or cross bow).

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that WE look forward to anyone's scout photos, stories or wisdom in preparing for the coming BOW SEASON!

~Red State