Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Red you just gave me this idea.

Banker: You want answers?
    Revelarts : I think I'm entitled to them.
    Banker: You want answers?
    Revelarts: I want the truth!
    Banker: You can't handle the truth!
    Son, we live in a world that has banks. And those banks have to be guarded by men with prosecutorial immunity. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for drug addicts and former home owners and people that used to have retirement funds and you curse the banks. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that those billions in losses and destroyed financial futures, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in that bank. You need me in that bank.
    We use words like derivatives, fractional reserve, capital, asset-backed securities, bonds, hedge funds, puts, Sipp, the term structure of interest rates, arbitrage-free pricing ...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent making money. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very financial system I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a WSJ and stand at the stock exchange. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
    Revelarts: Did you commit federal and state crimes of fraud? did you launder drug money?
    Banker: (quietly) I did the job I had to do.
    Revelarts: Did you commit federal and state crimes of fraud and manipulate markets? Did you launder drug money?
    Banker: ....the bottom line is you hate the banks, I'd like to see you get along without them... Now i'm going back to my office or my home in Caribbean maybe ...
    Last edited by revelarts; 12-01-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16